Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

started hcg and clomid...sperm motility got worse

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
Im in my mid 30s and I have been blasting and cruising for about 4 years now. I had my first son while on a blast of about 2 grams of gear with no assistance in terms of medication or drugs. Now my wife and I are trying for a 2nd child and it hasnt been that simple. I took a baseline while I was blasting on nearly 2 grams of gear total and my sperm count was 2 million (normal is above 15 million) and sperm motility was 45% (normal is above 40%) and morphology was 1% (normal is 4%). Was sent to a urologist and gave me bunch of tests to do and told me he'd most likely put me on clomid and hcg based on my priliminary numbers. The hcg was expensive and I knew my numbers were shit because of the gear (didnt confess that part) so i started the hcg (750 IU 3x a week) and clomid (25mg ED) on my own and dropped test down to 300mg every week and cut out all other compounds.

2 1/2 months later, I took another semen analysis and my sperm count is 81 million, my sperm motility dropped to 17%, and morphology improved to 3%. How is it possible for my motility to be worse when im on fertility drugs and basically TRT? Did tons of research and can't find anything. My doctor is useless as well, he's more interested in finding out how i obtained my hcg and clomid instead of giving answers. I did have a uti 2 weeks before the sperm test and was on cipro for 10 days. My wife had the uti and I presume that's how I got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
If you're still on the non-stop cycle (TRT) you might wanna think about coming off completely and then running the fertility protocol. This is genetic material used to make your child...I'd let the professional prescribe the meds as well. Unless you have real US or Western European Pharmaceutical HCG and Clomid (not Research chems or Chinese generic HGC), you can't be certain your doses are even close to accurate.

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
Thanks for the response Mike, i always appreciate your input. Ive only been on hcg and clomid a little under 3 months so i figured id give it a shot this way. not gonna lie, coming off completely scares the shit out of me. Before i had my son, i researched whether aas can affect a fetus and it seems to me that if the mother is on gear it can, but not the father. correct me if im wrong though.

Id love to use hcg from a pharmacy, but the cost is around $150 a month! I would go that route if i had to, but i can buy a whole damn kit for around $200. Seems like its working though, i have another sperm test this week and see where were at. its bizarre though....on 2 grams of gear my motility was normal range....on trt,hcg, and clomid its below normal. Makes no damn sense

pix3r

pix3r

Mar 14, 2017
HCG is HCG is HCG, doesn't matter where you get it from as long as its HCG =)

I am in the same boat as you only my next test is in 3 weeks and I've been 100% off (which took a bit longer to get things back to normal baseline because of very low test for 3-4 months)

You need Test to make sperm, this is 100% fact, forget what the idiot doctors say because they were stunned to see my sperm dropped from 2mil to 0 for the first 3 months i was off (until i got HCG in the mix)

Anyways, i think your motility has a lot to do with your diet than your hormones. (I say this because I had great motility even at shitty 2mil count)

May sound stupid but I believe Vit B/C/D/ Zinc help greatly. Might be worth checking your diet and eating some items that are known to help mobility. I wouldn't screw around with your other stuff since its on point given your 80mil count.

Also, are you concerned that your at 80mil and still not getting pregnant? keep in mind that sperm takes about 76 days from start to finish + 15 days for it to be released for use... Don't freak out until you've sustained your high sperm count for at least 90 days without getting prego. Of course, have the wife check out in case (mine came back optimal, so i know im the only one with problems)

good luck

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
What up enjoy_tren,
I've done allot of reading on this lately cause the wife and I are gunna try later this year. I cycle on and off for years now. Everything I've read says best results come from coming off for several months and running hcg and serms. If I were you I'd come off run heavy hcg , combined clomid and another serm. Maybe nolva preferably torem.

There's also some natural things people swear by. Such as only using boxers, cooling your testicles regularly, heavy antioxidant supplementation, more fruit.

Good luck man.

pix3r

pix3r

Mar 14, 2017
Im going for my tests this week, ill post results by friday on before/after of hcg, hcg+ clomid, hcg +clomid+nolva, hcg+hmg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cutt29

Cutt29

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
If you're still on the non-stop cycle (TRT) you might wanna think about coming off completely and then running the fertility protocol. This is genetic material used to make your child...I'd let the professional prescribe the meds as well. Unless you have real US or Western European Pharmaceutical HCG and Clomid (not Research chems or Chinese generic HGC), you can't be certain your doses are even close to accurate.

When you say "this" what do you mean? Are you stating the exo hormone use somehow alters the genetic makeup of the sperm? (not the count or motility)

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
No. I'm saying that running trt is running a cycle and it might be why motility and count are "off". The bolded part is to emphasize that we're not trying to "recover" or fool a physical...we're trying to put forth the healthiest sperm possible to make a child with.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic