Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Stane vs Adex

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Which one is better for keeping estro under control.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Aromasin is barely any more effective at limiting estro, but the other benefits are why one would want to choose it over adex. As mentioned, it's not as harsh, has a longer half-life, and (just learned this recently) doesn't cause an estrogen rebound because of it's mechanism of action.

Why do you want to know KBD? You're sticking to your pct right?

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Aromasin is barely any more effective at limiting estro, but the other benefits are why one would want to choose it over adex. As mentioned, it's not as harsh, has a longer half-life, and (just learned this recently) doesn't cause an estrogen rebound because of it's mechanism of action.

Yes, i was going to use an AI post cycle, but i figured i dont need it.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010

I thought this as well, but after researching it I came to the conclusion that the half life or arimidex is about 3 days....while the half life of aromasin is just over 1 day. So, really aromasin is the one you need to take more often. This may be one of the biggest misconceptions I've seen in awhile.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I've used a-dex for years in my HRT, and just recently switched to aromasin for lipid profile purposes. They both seem to work the same for me. I take a low dose every third day or as needed.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I thought this as well, but after researching it I came to the conclusion that the half life or arimidex is about 3 days....while the half life of aromasin is just over 1 day. So, really aromasin is the one you need to take more often. This may be one of the biggest misconceptions I've seen in awhile.

Holy shit, I need to double check my information sources from here on out, ;) . lol. I appreciate the correction though. Takes an honest man to clarify something that otherwise could have just gone uncorrected and unnoticed.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Holy shit, I need to double check my information sources from here on out, ;) . lol. I appreciate the correction though. Takes an honest man to clarify something that otherwise could have just gone uncorrected and unnoticed.

Ya, so many people used to tell me that adex had a much shorter half life than aromasin so I just took their word for it....big mistake. Never doing that again. But, you'll still find threads where people try to say that adex has a shorter half life...

by the way, letro has a half life of about 48 hrs or so

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Aromasin is a bit stronger than anastrazole

the plasma half-lives of anastrozole (1 mg once daily), letrozole (2.5 mg once daily), and exemestane (25 mg once daily) 41-48 hours, 2-4 days, and 27 hours

With Aroma -exemestane the effects can last up to 3-4 days later after a daily dose.
exemestane as low as 2.5m ed lowers SHBG , nolva increases it by quite a bit. at that dose or higher aromasin imo is great as a part of pct to lower elevated shbg from nolva and level out aromatic protien enzymes. High aromatse levels can stay elevated for quite sometime leading to estrogen rebound once your off the nova/clomid. good reason to taper those two over a period for pct if you don't add aromasin in at the end to level out aromatase.
Exemestane plasma levels increased by approximately 40% when taken with food, preferably high in fat for best absorption.

supression starts at 5-mg daily dose of exemestane, with a maximum suppression of at least 85% with 25mg ed. maximal suppression of circulating estrogens occurrs about 2 to 3 days after dosing.

An overview of the pharmacology and pharmacokinetics of the newer generation aromatase inhibitors anastrozole, letrozole, and exemestane
Buzdar AU, Robertson JF, Eiermann W, Nabholtz JM.
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center,

Last edited:
Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010

the plasma half-lives of anastrozole (1 mg once daily), letrozole (2.5 mg once daily), and exemestane (25 mg once daily) 41-48 hours, 2-4 days, and 27 hours

With Aroma -exemestane the effects can last up to 3-4 days later after a daily dose.
exemestane as low as 2.5m ed lowers SHBG , nolva increases it by quite a bit. at that dose or higher aromasin imo is great as a part of pct to lower elevated shbg from nolva and level out aromatic protien enzymes. High aromatse levels can stay elevated for quite sometime leading to estrogen rebound ounce your off the nova/clomid. good reason to taper those two over a period for pct if you don't add aromasin in at the end to level out aromatase.
Exemestane plasma levels increased by approximately 40% when taken with food, preferably high in fat for best absorption.

supression starts at 5-mg daily dose of exemestane, with a maximum suppression of at least 85% with 25mg ed. maximal suppression of circulating estrogens occurrs about 2 to 3 days after dosing.

An overview of the pharmacology and pharmacokinetics of the newer generation aromatase inhibitors anastrozole, letrozole, and exemestane
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center,

Great post SHINE! yet another reason NOT to take Nolva while on cycle.

T

THE-DET-OAK

Sep 11, 2010
yep shine is spot on. aromasin is about 12% stronger than adex. I like aromasin, since the dosage is a large MG # compared to others, its easier to find the sweet spot without dropping e too low. So basically i can go from 12.5mg-18.75mg and prolly not suppress that much more E.

The other benefit of the short half-life is more E stability, because of daily dosing. A study on men showed aromasin to keep E in range at up to 50mg ED in men not taking testosterone.

I can take anywhere from 12.5mg - 25mg ED on cycle and my joints do not hurt. I would not dose any less than ED, because of the 27 hour active half-life, taking it EOD would be like taking your test once every 2 weeks.

I honestly think the whole rebound thing is over-hyped though. I don't think it happens often, but the fact that it can is scary enough.

for those that don't understand the difference in the mechanics between type I and type II inhibitors.

adex and letro are type II inhibitors.

aromasin is a type I

type II inhibitors attach to the aromatase enzyme inhibiting it from doing its job, temporarily. it then releases the enzyme, and the enzyme can then go back to doing its job. thats why these 2 can give you a rebound. meaning once you stop them aromatase enzymes can be built high and all the sudden a swarm of estrogen hits your receptors. I do think this is talked about more than it actually happens though.

Type I is a suicidal inhibitor. this means once it attaches the aromatase enzyme it binds permanently. the enzyme gets discarded and never has a chance to do its job again. there is no rebound with aromasin.

letro CAN kill estrogen completely, but that is dose dependent. I always tell guys to at least have some in the cupboard cause its like the nuclear weapon for gyno at the right dose. small doses can effectively control estrogen without killing it, for most.

adex is the weakest.

aromasin is about 12% stronger.

for aromasin people tend to confuse "suicidal" with its potency.

here is a good anaology by my friend Mr. Hummdidly, im sure it will help you understand how it works.

"Perhaps an analogy can help. Pretend you (exemestane) are a hitman in a drug house. However you only have the keys to certain doors in the house. Periodically new people (aromatase) spawn in the rooms. The first run you go through and kill everything and there is lots of killing. The second run through there are less people in the rooms you have access to so the people killed is less. However the people in the locked rooms (dense lipid cells) go on making drugs (estrogen). The house's overall drug production is decreased but since you don't have the keys you can not completely halt the drug production.

Now lets apply that analogy to dosing. When you increase the dosing it is like increasing the number of hitmen and as a result more rooms in the house can be entered. Eventuallly with enough hitmen you could kill the entire population of the house and cease drug production."

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

exemestane as low as 2.5m ed lowers SHBG , nolva increases it by quite a bit. at that dose or higher aromasin imo is great as a part of pct to lower elevated shbg from nolva and level out aromatic protien enzymes. High aromatse levels can stay elevated for quite sometime leading to estrogen rebound once your off the nova/clomid. good reason to taper those two over a period for pct if you don't add aromasin in at the end to level out aromatase.

KBD hope you don't mind a side track here - buy after reading this I am wondering why some still insist on nolva while on to stop gyno?

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I think the estrogen rebound is realy a biochemical individuality thing , some seem to have realy high aromatase problems,not common in most. Also some confusing the half-life with the active-life of the hormones there using, starting pct way to soon with the esterified hormones there using.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic