Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Squat training limited by hip bursitis

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Well I've got it in both hips. Left worse then right. Doctor put me on 10-14 days with no Squats or Deadlifts. Also 500mg of Naproxen twice daily. Been reading I can take up to 1500mg Daily. If this doesn't work. I can get a steroid shot. Said it should help within a day or two, but increases the chances of it rupturing. Said small 5-10% chance.

For anyone who has dealt with this. What did you find that helped speed recovery?

Ice, Stretching?

Tried Flossing it, but it's hard to get the wrap up that high.

I'm worried since my first meet in over a year is coming up faster then I thought. They where planning for it to be in March, well it's in Feb now.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I suffer from it. Bad at times.

Just suck it up and get the cortisone shot. You'll be squatting again in a week. It's the only thing that is going to help. Everything else is putting off the inevitable.

You have to keep up with mobility work, epsom salt baths, stretching and everything else. I also find taking lots of fish oil (like 6 grams a day) and tumeric help keep inflammation at bay after you get the shot. The relief after the shot is pretty much instant. You just can't lift for a week while everything settles in.

Even then, you might still need a yearly shot.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Just found out the damn shots cost $100 each....:(

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic