Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

squat routine for mass

C

ccjc81

Feb 2, 2011
Can anyone recommend a squat routine for mass to add size to my legs.Looking for quality mass.I squat and do leg preeses now.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Do more squats and leg presses... Then eat a shit ton of food. Try and progress the weights on each set. Depending on your body type your rep range should fall somewhere in the 6 to 12 rep range. Push your self to failure on working sets. Don't just do back squats, you should mix in front squats, hack squats and sissy squats... Mix up your squat stances from narrow to shoulder width to sumo. Also don't forget to beat the crap out of the hams too not just your quads. Stiff legged deadlifts on a platform are great for that. Do super sets, giant sets, drop sets on occassion... Work hard and let your muscles repair then do it again. But most of all be patient. Don't be one of those guys that does three sets of squats per week and then says "i've tried everything but they just won't grow" and then go the rest of your life working just the glory muscles...

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Leg day should push you to your limits mentally. Reps should continue when you "think" you can't do another. Another set should follow what you "think" was your last set. Developing my legs has been a hard road...and they're still nowhere near what I want. I can post my routine, but it won't mean anything to you b/c that's my threshhold. You have to dig and find your own bromo....

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Back Squat-
1st set 15 reps should not slow at all
2nd set 12 reps should not slow at all
3rd set 10 reps should start slowing at 8-10
4th set 8 this should be near failure
5th set to failure with whatever weight you can do at least 20 times

Leg Press-
5 sets of 15 Load the fucking plates up bro, go deep as your belly will let you and don't take tension off by letting your legs go to straight.

Straight leg deads-
5 sets of 15

Extensions-
5 sets of 15

Seated Calves-
3 sets of 15-20

Calve work on leg press-
3 sets of 15-20

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
Very motivating thread...i gotta do more despite my limitations

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
what works for me has been heavy and doing crazy 8's

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
There is no replacement for heavy low rep squats. You will have trouble getting off the couch for a few days however it's well worth it.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
squat til you puke then wipe your mouth and squat some more.
nothin like a widowmaker set at the end of your leg routine to fry the shit outta them quads...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic