Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Squat Form Critique

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Looks good turb! With high bar, I would try narrow stance, break at the knees and squat straight down. Hips break will follow.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I have this same problem: it feels like you are all the way down, but you are not. At that weight, you should be able to go until your hamstrings touch your calves. When they do, you are ATG and can go back up. Over time, if you practice ATG squats, you will be able to do heavier weights ATG as well. I recently did 495 lbs ATG. It was totally awesome to get that.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
^3 second paused double and triples really help with ATG and out of the hole. Nice lift, WW.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Looks good turb! With high bar, I would try narrow stance, break at the knees and squat straight down. Hips break will follow.

I have this same problem: it feels like you are all the way down, but you are not. At that weight, you should be able to go until your hamstrings touch your calves. When they do, you are ATG and can go back up. Over time, if you practice ATG squats, you will be able to do heavier weights ATG as well. I recently did 495 lbs ATG. It was totally awesome to get that.

Thanks for the input guys. I have noticed recently that is a lot easier to get to depth with a narrow stance.

Here's a video from yesterdays session.

Anything I need to change?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Thanks for the input guys. I have noticed recently that is a lot easier to get to depth with a narrow stance.

Here's a video from yesterdays session.

Anything I need to change?

Looks good turbo!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic