Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Squat Form Critique

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Video of 2nd working set for the day. Critiques? Complaints?

[video]https://youtu.be/_DgCyXyKNLs[/video]

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Good work buddy. Really concentrate on keeping that chest up near the bottom. Good set chief.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Nice squats Turbo! How's the back been feeling after squat/dl?

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
It looked good to me!

Have you ever worked with a team? I can't remember.

I wish you had a team.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Bull summed it up....... solid form. Chest could be higher, but it wasn't bad. I can't tell from this angle if depth was close or 100% in. I also can't tell how your knees were tracking. They came a little forward, which isn't bad as long as you keep your weight on your heel ( couldn't tell from this angle if you did).......

and I wish that you had a team.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Your arch is collapsing and ankle pronation shows up when you are in the hole. Chest up like shultz says (try pushing the elbows forward as you go down) and push out on the sides of the feet the whole time.

Depth didn't look great but it's a funny angle. I wouldn't worry about that at this point anyway.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Bull summed it up....... solid form. Chest could be higher, but it wasn't bad. I can't tell from this angle if depth was close or 100% in. I also can't tell how your knees were tracking. They came a little forward, which isn't bad as long as you keep your weight on your heel ( couldn't tell from this angle if you did).......

and I wish that you had a team.

Your arch is collapsing and ankle pronation shows up when you are in the hole. Chest up like shultz says (try pushing the elbows forward as you go down) and push out on the sides of the feet the whole time.

Depth didn't look great but it's a funny angle. I wouldn't worry about that at this point anyway.

Thank you for your critiques guys. I have some stuff to work on, but it sounds like I'm on the right track.

I'll take this and try to apply it in the gym.

Also about turning out the feet. I try to cue that in my head, but I forgot this past session. The cues I've been trying to use are from Chris Duffin and Louie.

1. Arch your back - From Louie

2. Pull down on the bar with your lats - From Chris Duffin

3. Take in air, and push out on your stomach - From Chris Duffin

4. Spread the floor with your feet - From Chris Duffin

I try to say these to myself when I unrack the weight and before I start my reps.

Are there anymore cues I should be using? Thanks guys!

EDIT: Also, regarding my depth. I literally can't get much lower than I was in the video. Hahaha, its so funny to watch the video because I felt like I was below parallel, but watching the video, I'm only about at parallel!

Last edited:
porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I'm not saying that your depth was bad..... but if you can't get any lower it's time to find a good physio or ART guy to help get you fixed.

My money is on poor pelvic mobility cutting your hips off.

Check out some of Kelly Starnet's Mobility WOD videos for the hips too, they might do enough to help you out. All free on Youtube.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Video from today: I am going to try and work on ankle mobility this week if I can remember. I have a movement I saw that I want to try out.

[video]https://youtu.be/hj_a2-D4Go8[/video]

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic