Mon-Chest/Tris
Tues- Back/Bis
Wed- Shoulders/Traps
Thur- Legs (calves, quads, hams)
Fri- Chest/Tris
Sat- Back/Bis
Sun- Shoulders/Traps

and work abs in twice a week

The same goes with cardio, 3-4 sessions per week 30-40min low intensity.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
The first combo I'd go with, the reason being is you'd be over training in the second split workout, your body needs rest.

This is my current workout.
M Chest
T Back / Claves
W Shoulder/traps
T Legs /Claves
F Arms
S Off
S Off

Would it be better to have a split like:
Mon- Legs
Tues- Off
Wed- Chest/Abs
Thur- Back/Calves
Fri- Off
Sat- Shoulder&Upper Traps/Abs
Sun- Arms/Calves

or...

Mon-Chest/Tris
Tues- Back/Bis
Wed- Shoulders/Traps
Thur- Legs (calves, quads, hams)
Fri- Chest/Tris
Sat- Back/Bis
Sun- Shoulders/Traps

and work abs in twice a week

The same goes with cardio, 3-4 sessions per week 30-40min low intensity.

Allen

Allen

Oct 7, 2010
7 days in a row is too much for any program. Rest is very important to your progress. You could do the second split if you did 3 days on, 1 day off, 3 days on, 1 day off, etc... It also matters what the context of the program entails. You can't just do a bunch of exercises and have a split like that there needs to be a reason and sequence for the program.

DGAF

DGAF

Sep 5, 2010
I have a real simple but yet very effective split. I train 5 days on 2 days off, mon-fri=on, sat and sun= off.

Mon- Chest/ Calves
Tues- Back/ Traps
Wed- Legs
Thur- Shoulders/ Forearms
Fri- Bi/Tri/ Calves
Sat- Off
Sun- Off

If I miss a day during the week then everything gets pushed up a day...like if I miss monday then I do that workout on tuesday and tuesdays workout on wednesday and so on and saturday becomes the friday workout for that week and then back to normal on monday again.

I also train abs everyday except for wednesday, cause I am so dead from doing legs I just dont have it in me to do abs that day!

DGAF

T

THE-DET-OAK

Sep 11, 2010
i just started a 3 day split, and im making very impressive gains. its very simple.

chest/shoulder/tri

back/bi

legs

sometimes i will make it through the rotation and take 2 days off and jump right back into it, sometimes i will do it MWF and nothing til next week, just depends on how i feel. im doing somewhat of a recomp with it, and ive been burning right around 550-600 calories each workout before i even get to cardio. ive gained strength as well.

i use to do 1 muscle a day so its been a big change for me, so far i like it for what my goal is ATM.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Best gains I've personally seen was with a 2 day on 1 day off approach. It rotates working and rest days, plus I hit everybody part twice in 7 day time frame.