Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

split/fullbody hybrid workout routine

3abdulla

May 10, 2012
1st post up in here nd looking to give as much details as possible related to the title and looking for as much feedback as possible for the good of all as im sure someone somewhere out there is looking for answers.

I've have been on various workout splits for a while now (+3 years of BB focus) bearing in mind switching exercises on a weekly basis, changing muscle group combinations and workout days every few months, thus avoiding muscle memory related plateaus.

Doing all the above produced very positive results so my advice to everyone from beginner to advanced is to keep on changing routines and im sure you all agree.

So coming from that point of view; i started this new 4 day split i would like to share and hoping to get as much feedback on.

DAY 1 - CHEST/TRI + (CARDIO) I usually play soccer
DAY 2 - BACK/BI
DAY 3 - SHOULDERS/LEGS
DAY 4 - REST (CARDIO) I usually play soccer
DAY 5 - FULL BODY VIA 4 COMPOUND MOVEMENTS (BENCH PRESS, MILITARY PRESS, SQUATS, AND DEADLIFTS)
DAY 6 - REST (NO ACTIVITY)
DAY 7 - REST (NO ACTIVITY)

Now things i must mention in regards of the above routine is that volumes and weights chosen vary as following:

-SPLIT DAYS - switching between the following on a weekly basis

4 EXERCISES FOR LARGE MUSCLE GROUPS 8-12 reps
&
2-3 EXERCISES FOR SMALL MUSCLE GROUPS 8-12 reps

Switching between ASCENDING PYRAMIDS/DESCENDING PYRAMIDS and actual exercises specifically to that muscle on a weekly basis.

-FULL BODY DAY - AS MENTIONED 4 COMPOUND MOVEMENTS 3 SETS/ 6 REPS PROGRESSIVE LOADING ON A WEEKLY BASIS WITH SAME HEAVY WEIGHTS THROUGHOUT THE SETS (here i figured i would monitor how far can i go in regards of strength and ability to use as benchmarking progress)

Hope the details i provided above is enough to explain the workout.

Goals:
-Seeking a lean bulk i mean to stick to it for 5-6 months.

Supps/Diet:

- Multi-Vits
- Fish Oil
- Carbless Whey + creatine (intra workout + post workout)
- Good old Caffeine for pre-workout
- Casien last and first meal in the day.
- Protein/Carb based food split over 3 meals (BF, lunch, and Dinner)

BODY STATS:
163 lbs
5.6F
BF around 20%

Just to add that im 1 week into it and 1st week felt good with no problems of recovery for Fullbody workout day.

Thanks allot fellaz, and plz don't hesitate to ask for any additional info i may have missed to include or is required for your thoughts and opinions.

Z

zedhed

Oct 4, 2010
Idk bro days 1,2,3 are kinda off to my way of thinking.
Doing chest and tris on the same day for me is not the best. My tries are fried from doing chest. Same with back and bies. So I just switch the tries and bies around. Chest/Bies. Back/Tries.
Doing 2 big body parts such as shoulders and legs on the same is gonna leave you very wasted IMO. Particularly on a mass cycle where your gonna be pushing big weights.
Just my thoughts and you prolly know what works best for you. But something to think about.
Good luck.

3abdulla

May 10, 2012
Thanks Zedhed,

Yeah i know, and this certain combination is interchangeable every few weeks just for the sake of not sticking to the same combination. But what about the split/hybrid routine? any thoughts on that?

T

Theintermediate

Nov 4, 2013
This is a good way to train if you are a natural, gets all the body parts hit twice a week and gives you enough recovery time between each workout for them.

Get some ZMA and BCAA with extra Leucine for recovery. We natty's need all the recovery we can get!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I would change this routine around if I wanted to hit major movers 2x week. I'd put in speed work and use that as a way to hit major movers 2x week meaning on Squat Day, I'd put in Speed Pulls from a 1" Deficit. On Dead Day, I'd put Reverse band Speed Squats in as an assisting lift. This allows me to hit everything 2x week. I'd just say make sure you're really eating and resting b/c this would take it out of you.

Last edited:

3abdulla

May 10, 2012
Thanks for the reply "Theintermediate"

Year your right about recovery.

Well i eat allot and sleep twice a day (2hrs) afternoon and (8hrs) at night.

This is a good way to train if you are a natural, gets all the body parts hit twice a week and gives you enough recovery time between each workout for them.

Get some ZMA and BCAA with extra Leucine for recovery. We natty's need all the recovery we can get!

3abdulla

May 10, 2012
Hi BrotherIron,

Thanks for your reply.

To be honest i didn't get what you mean by "speed work" can you please explain a little further, or post me a link that does.

Thanks again bro!

I would change this routine around if I wanted to hit major movers 2x week. I'd put in speed work and use that as a way to hit major movers 2x week meaning on Squat Day, I'd put in Speed Pulls from a 1" Deficit. On Dead Day, I'd put Reverse band Speed Squats in as an assisting lift. This allows me to hit everything 2x week. I'd just say make sure you're really eating and resting b/c this would take it out of you.

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
Speed or dynamic work is basically just doing the eccentric portion of your big 3 with explosiveness. Speed will help build power, without it you will struggle to lockout big weight.

3abdulla

May 10, 2012
Thanks N.O.V

Got it! Will give it a try on full body workout day!

Speed or dynamic work is basically just doing the eccentric portion of your big 3 with explosiveness. Speed will help build power, without it you will struggle to lockout big weight.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
One thing to add in regards to speed work, it should be done with singles, doubles, or triples imo. Your form should be spot on even when performing a movement explosively. You should also use weight in the 55-65% of 1RM b/c remember it's supposed to be fast with spot on technique.

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
I agree with a 65% range of your 1rm on a dynamic day.. but I've also been taught that if you're training for power, all of your reps should be done explosively. If you incorporate it with every rep, there won't be a need for a dynamic day specifically. If you are doing rotating waves like in the cube, disregard.

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
Well as explosive as possible. The speed assists lockout.. however, its obviously more difficult on heavier percentages.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic