Latest Member
mattcarter77
What's New?

Soul of Iron

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Every single one of us suffers from body dysmorphia. We either think we are smaller, larger, thinner or fatter than we actually are. At least you are realistic.

I love the dudes who always underestimate their bodyfat. You can see in my profile photo I have vascularity all over. If I lift up my shirt, I have veins running over my abs, obliques, chest, etc... That is a genuine 10%. I hear guys all the time tell me they are 10% when they are really 16-18% then I tell them I am 10% and they never believe it. Why? Because they do not want to admit they are nowhere near 10%.
I'm a fat bastard. I said it before and I'll say it again. Lol (working on it lol)

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Legs - Focus on Quads

Leg press
3pps x 10
4pps x 10, 10
5pps x 8, 6, 6, 4
3pps x 10, 10, 10
-Quads are fucking smoked

Seated leg extension
155 x 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 0

Abductor
70 x 10
90 x 10
130 x 10, 10, 6
110 x 10, 10, 10

Standing calf raise
180 x 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12
-I feel like puking

That’s it for today. I felt like destroying myself. It’s been hard for me to leave the gym lately. I have a serious trial date coming up in a few weeks that could put me away for a long time, it’s already ruined my career. Legitimate psychotic ex wife had me arrested two years ago for domestic assault 4th, I beat it and had it dismissed, then she had 6 EPOs on me and alienated my children from me, had all of those dismissed, then I got full custody of my kids last September. Two weeks later, had me arrested on two felony strangulation charges, which is a 5 year max sentence per charge in my state. It ruined my clearance and now my career. And none of it is real. I still have custody of the kids. So to say I’m stressed the fuck out, is an understatement. That’s what has had my BP so jacked up. Thought I’d share. But amazing workout today. Wish me luck in my trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
First, good work in the gym. Sounds like it is keeping you sane right now.

Sorry you are going through this brother. That was one of the things I struggled with on the leadership side during my career. I would see stuff like this and it always seemed like Commands would start taking sides and usually it was the woman's even if she did not have any evidence. She was just pissed and knew exactly how to ruin the Marine. It would make my blood boil. It wouldn't matter that the Marine would come out in the clear at the end. They had already been drug through the mud and their names tarnished. Even those that walked on water wanted nothing to do with the Corps after that and we ended up losing our best and brightest.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
First, good work in the gym. Sounds like it is keeping you sane right now.

Sorry you are going through this brother. That was one of the things I struggled with on the leadership side during my career. I would see stuff like this and it always seemed like Commands would start taking sides and usually it was the woman's even if she did not have any evidence. She was just pissed and knew exactly how to ruin the Marine. It would make my blood boil. It wouldn't matter that the Marine would come out in the clear at the end. They had already been drug through the mud and their names tarnished. Even those that walked on water wanted nothing to do with the Corps after that and we ended up losing our best and brightest.

Thank you, it definitely is. I’d be a wreck without it. You nailed it again brother. And they wonder why retention is so terrible. It blows my mind man. The leadership I had the first time stood behind me and once it was dismissed, submitted an appeal packet for a waiver to DC and it was approved. They could do that again but won’t. The leadership is entirely different. So I’m working on a med board. Sacrificed too much to lose it all. Hopefully it all becomes a blessing in disguise man.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Legs - Focus on Quads

Leg press
3pps x 10
4pps x 10, 10
5pps x 8, 6, 6, 4
3pps x 10, 10, 10
-Quads are fucking smoked

Seated leg extension
155 x 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 0

Abductor
70 x 10
90 x 10
130 x 10, 10, 6
110 x 10, 10, 10

Standing calf raise
180 x 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12
-I feel like puking

That’s it for today. I felt like destroying myself. It’s been hard for me to leave the gym lately. I have a serious trial date coming up in a few weeks that could put me away for a long time, it’s already ruined my career. Legitimate psychotic ex wife had me arrested two years ago for domestic assault 4th, I beat it and had it dismissed, then she had 6 EPOs on me and alienated my children from me, had all of those dismissed, then I got full custody of my kids last September. Two weeks later, had me arrested on two felony strangulation charges, which is a 5 year max sentence per charge in my state. It ruined my clearance and now my career. And none of it is real. I still have custody of the kids. So to say I’m stressed the fuck out, is an understatement. That’s what has had my BP so jacked up. Thought I’d share. But amazing workout today. Wish me luck in my trial.

Damn. I would have puked st least twice!

Already commented on your situation man. You know I got your back anyway I can.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Damn. I would have puked st least twice!

Already commented on your situation man. You know I got your back anyway I can.

Man it was close. I was talking with Spear the other day and something he said about legs and pushing em until you’re about to vomit is where the growth comes, so I went for it. Realized I hadn’t actually worked that hard in the gym in a while to feel that way. And thanks brother, I know it. I truly appreciate it.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Man it was close. I was talking with Spear the other day and something he said about legs and pushing em until you’re about to vomit is where the growth comes, so I went for it. Realized I hadn’t actually worked that hard in the gym in a while to feel that way. And thanks brother, I know it. I truly appreciate it.

Dm bud

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015

I get asked all the time in the gym (I actually set 15 minutes aside every time I go to the gym, I get stopped so much) about sets, volume, etc... I always tell them it is about intensity in the body building rep ranges. If intensity is not the goal every time you step up for a working set then you are leaving growth on the table.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I get asked all the time in the gym (I actually set 15 minutes aside every time I go to the gym, I get stopped so much) about sets, volume, etc... I always tell them it is about intensity in the body building rep ranges. If intensity is not the goal every time you step up for a working set then you are leaving growth on the table.

Always coming in with the truth brother. You’re absolutely right. That and the focus on the contractions are everything.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Shoulders

OHP
135 x 8
155 x 6
185 x 4
205 x 2

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press -Volume
2pps x 15, 15, 15, 12, 12, 12

Shrug machine
3pps x 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Straight bar curls
Bar + 50 x 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

EZ bar upright rows
80 x 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Standing anterior delt raise, machine
60 x 12, 10
50 x 10, 10, 10, 10

Standing anterior delt raise, machine
50 x 10
70 x 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Rear delt cable cross fly
20 x 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

I can’t get myself to stop or leave but it feels amazing and it’s keeping my mind in a decent place for now.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Nice work brother.

I am going to have to start incorporating something for traps. I stopped working them, because I was doing a lot of barbell and reverse grip barbell rows. I have not done them in a while and my traps are not getting hit anymore. I usually don't like doing shrugs though, prefer behind the back shrugs in the smith machine. You actually hit the entire trap, top to bottom.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Nice work brother.

I am going to have to start incorporating something for traps. I stopped working them, because I was doing a lot of barbell and reverse grip barbell rows. I have not done them in a while and my traps are not getting hit anymore. I usually don't like doing shrugs though, prefer behind the back shrugs in the smith machine. You actually hit the entire trap, top to bottom.

Man I wish I could do those. They are so hard for me. They are incredible for the traps. My ass is big and my arms are short, it just doesn’t work well. I can’t hold much weight and do them efficiently. That may be why I beat them up so hard. I love my traps and they are stubborn. Bro you’re already a monster, I can’t imagine if you started adding trap work back in lol!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic