Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Sore joints on cutting diet

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Have any of u dealt with sore joints while cutting. I’m on week 7 and my elbows and knees are tender. Where I did not go as heavy as usual on leg and chest day cause I didn’t want to pull or hurt anything.
I’m running low carb, low fat diet right now.. I max out at about 60g fat a day.

Thanks for the help

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
I posted this on another discussion board regarding the microbracing of the joints as post therapy and support.
d0f3595cc3e0fafd913ac4074a3d584f.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Well I'm big on voodoo bands for all those issues. It's not a 1 week fix and the sooner you commit to a daily routine, the quicker the recovery. Also double up the Naproxen for about 3-4 days.

As for this on a cut, there tends to be other factors that some people overlook. Most people probably should have a week layoff from the gym before they start a cut to help prevent over training down the road. The addition of cardio to lose the weight just adds to the probability of some repetitive motion injury sneaking in. And then there's just the fact that your body is not running full throttle with a calorie deficit diet.

As for where it hurts, is it more in the joint or the tendons? Is it only when you train or all the time? Any movements in the gym that just piss the joint off? Does it seem to get better as your workout progresses? Good chance this can be worked around.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
The pains started this Tuesday. It’s all my joints, are achy, I think it’s mostly the tendons and tie-ins. They hurt little bit Lind off all day, but then training the pains get worse.

I’m gonna start with fish oil omega 3s, MSM and some glutamine.. keep drinking my water .. see if it improves.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic