Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

So....when did macros stop being important?

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Your talking to a health nut ... I’ll take health over anything ... but keep in mind steroids can benefit or cause damage depending on how u use them

Absolutely. Generally abused, let’s face it…. and I’ve most definitely been guilty of such abusive use over many years having first start AAS at age 17.
I’m 54 now and still using, albeit far more wisely.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Also MACGYVER was the one who kept insisting a friend of his contest prepped on doughnuts and fried chicken so get your goddamn facts straight. Tell him how stupid it is to even suggest such a thing!!.

Listen....it is not stupid when it has actually happened. Get over yourself. To suggest that I dont know what I am talking about, or lying shows the type of person you are. Rather than accept facts, you can live in your fairytale world where it is not your fault that you are fat.

These are pics of the guy who cut to 5% eating ONLY krispy kreme dounuts and fried chicken (and using whey to make sure he got enough protein). He documented it (along with blood work before, during and after).

His screen name is Timberwolf. Real name Kane Sumabat. Not the biggest dude ever, some had said he is natural (I dont know) but he was the one that opened my eyes to IIFYM and flexible dieting 11 years ago. I think he was in his late 40's back then so has to be well into his 50's now.

Tell this guy he does not know what he is talking about.

And you have no credibility and lend nothing to this discussion. (except for the fact that you are fat and believe that lean people are only lean because of genitics).

2e794009a41cb9dfeef534e844fc8b7c.jpg

tumblr_m6goqs8PUF1ruu8hzo1_500.jpg

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Listen....it is not stupid when it has actually happened. Get over yourself. To suggest that I dont know what I am talking about, or lying shows the type of person you are. Rather than accept facts, you can live in your fairytale world where it is not your fault that you are fat.

These are pics of the guy who cut to 5% eating ONLY krispy kreme dounuts and fried chicken (and using whey to make sure he got enough protein). He documented it (along with blood work before, during and after).

His screen name is Timberwolf. Real name Kane Sumabat. Not the biggest dude ever, some had said he is natural (I dont know) but he was the one that opened my eyes to IIFYM and flexible dieting 11 years ago. I think he was in his late 40's back then so has to be well into his 50's now.

And you have no credibility and lend nothing to this discussion. (except for the fact that you are fat and believe that lean people are only lean because of genitics).

Here ya go Bigtex.

"No bodybuilder in their right mind is going to spend the time and money it takes to get ready for a contest and eat fried foods and donuts. To keep this up is fucking stupid."

Tell HIM not me.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010

You say its not stupid when it actually happened but when I defy your laws of thermodynamics you get pissy...lol

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
This is THEE most typical theme of folks who follow an institutional “nutritionist.”
I have a male nurse buddy (no homo) in fact who most recently went through the same thing — a nutritionist through his hospital/place of employment counseled him, set him up on a veggie heavy, “meditarianian” style diet. It was complicated, involved multiple meals and snacks each day, a lot of prep and math and expense, etc. it too was 2500csl. He followed it for just shy of 8 weeks and was burnt out from the complexity AND got fatter!
He listen to my counsel, applied my advice: meat, eggs, small amounts of certain veggies (because he likes their flavor),and….. very rapidly has lost 22lbs so far and been tightening / toning up.
FUCK THE GENERAL MEDICAL INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX SNAKE OIL HUSTLERS!
To reiterate: On my previous style of eating (dieting with 3000-3500cals),multi meals and snacks per day — I got soft, held water, gained fat, digestion issues.
Went hardcore carnivore for 8 weeks at approx 6000cals a day, 2 meals finished early half of day, no snacks…. and dropped water and burnt a ton of fat off.

The above quote is from Testboner. Looks like I'm not alone.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Sharing these again for those with hardons for “studies” only.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Many of us here who I believe you may be referring to as having hard-ons for studies (you have probably posted the most links trying to plead your case but I digress) are also real world lifters and eaters and competitors.

Some of us have big muscles and abs AND read about the science as to why and how. Again, your physique is nice especially for your age, but you are not the norm in many many ways, so your personal experience is not as important to the rest of us as the other 8 billion people on Earth who eat more realistic diets (no offense) and who can predictably gain or lose weight by manipulating calories.

I still haven’t read anything posted that has changed my mind on the root FACT that if you eat more than you burn you’ll gain, and if you eat less than you burn you’ll lose. Super simple facts.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Many of us here who I believe you may be referring to as having hard-ons for studies (you have probably posted the most links trying to plead your case but I digress) are also real world lifters and eaters and competitors.

Some of us have big muscles and abs AND read about the science as to why and how. Again, your physique is nice especially for your age, but you are not the norm in many many ways, so your personal experience is not as important to the rest of us as the other 8 billion people on Earth who eat more realistic diets (no offense) and who can predictably gain or lose weight by manipulating calories.

I still haven’t read anything posted that has changed my mind on the root FACT that if you eat more than you burn you’ll gain, and if you eat less than you burn you’ll lose. Super simple facts.

SAD….. “Standard American Diet” :)

The reason for my including studies is because that’s what several posters have referred to; “… the studies, this study, that study… the studies prove this and that…” etc. Folks are routinely hung up on STUDIES.

I posted this in the other thread that’s going, I’m reposting here:

It’s not as simple as it seems, and how most all of us were taught (very elementary) and believed as gospel.
What can and does happen (to varying degrees); when a calorie counter embarks on the 3500cal = 1lb idea, and they lower their daily intake by 500cals to “gradually and healthfully lose weight,” metabolism gets down-regulated (it slows),as the body tries to adapt to preserving calories. So…. weight loss can entirely stop even though cals are reduced. Then the subject becomes more sluggish and lazy.
Fasting is the most optimal means of desired weight loss, and in fact increases metabolism by way of increasing noradrenaline. Here’s a simply described example from a nephrologist (kidney/renal MD),so he works daily with metabolic issues.
1st:
2nd:

CJ Smalls

CJ Smalls

Aug 15, 2020
There are people who eat out of dumpsters who are skinny. You know why? It's not the "macros" that made them skinny, it's the lack of calories.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
You say its not stupid when it actually happened but when I defy your laws of thermodynamics you get pissy...lol
You don 't deny any thermodynamics laws, Gandalf. Not understanding != defy natural law.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
You don 't deny any thermodynamics laws, Gandalf. Not understanding != defy natural law.

According to several members here I do. (been told this about 12 times across 2 threads) Nothing I'm doing is magic. More protein/fat and less sugar/carbs = more weight loss for me regardless of calories. Obviously I'm not alone here.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
According to several members here I do. (been told this about 12 times across 2 threads) Nothing I'm doing is magic. More protein/fat and less sugar/carbs = more weight loss for me regardless of calories. Obviously I'm not alone here.
No Gandalf, it makes scientific sense, you just keep saying it doesn't.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic