Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

So....when did macros stop being important?

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Well, the professor did that just to prove that its all about the First Law of Thermodynamics, and its been reproduced countless times. The guy ate junk food and dropped weight, but he probably felt constantly like he was starving because the junk food wouldn't be satiating, but the point is.... he dropped fat. Greg Doucette has numerous videos on this concept too.

C

charger69

Jul 4, 2017
Well, the professor did that just to prove that its all about the First Law of Thermodynamics, and its been reproduced countless times. The guy ate junk food and dropped weight, but he probably felt constantly like he was starving because the junk food wouldn't be satiating, but the point is.... he dropped fat. Greg Doucette has numerous videos on this concept too.

Thank you for that! I like to hear people say that it’s not true..
A non technical person denying the first law of thermodynamics. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Thank you for that! I like to hear people say that it’s not true..
A non technical person denying the first law of thermodynamics. LOL

It's certainly gonna make my life a lot easier! A calorie is a calorie! Fuck yeah!!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Don't Generals call this "a strategic withdrawal?"

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Somehow missed this thread.

I have for years been saying much of this. Many of the hardcorez bodybuilders are too stuck in old bro-lore.

Cals in cals out. Period. I love the 'we are all different' stuff. The fact is that VERY few people have ever truly tracked their cals and macros.

I spent 4+ years literally preparing, weighing and trying all kinds of different intakes. What I realized is that cals are king. And fat loss is NOT about cutting sugar or 'bad' foods. It is about eating less.

When I cleaned up my desk a bunch of years back, I collected all the stickies where I had planned out different macro can cal combinations. This is probably over 3 years of intakes.

FWIW, I dont track cals anymore and just do it by feel. I used to systematically ALWAYS be gaining or losing weight. Since I trained almost my entire life naturally you have have maximize the power of food to grow. I was ALWAYS gaining weight. 25-35lbs over 4-5 months and then dropping weight over 10-12 weeks. Then repeat.

I stopped doing this because I am about as big as I can hope to be and still hold it at 'normal' hormone levels (even though I gave up my nattie card). Eating up no longer benefits me as it once did and I can no longer gain mass, and keep it when I diet down to the 10% range. I could probably fix this, but my aas usage is something I dont feel the need to push as I approach 50. My goals were to never use so much that what I gained, I could not hold on to at 'normal' hormone levels. Those are just my goals and anyone can do what they want.

Anyway.....yes...cals in, cals out, and most people are who have never truly tracked and manipulated intake just dont get it. They think fat loss and gain is some black magic. And they are different, and they tout experiences of how when they eat this particular food they got fat...etc. It just is not accurate.

Cant tell you how many times over the years I have helped people out with their diets that swore they were 'different'. Amazing how their bodies are totally predictable as are results when they standardize intake. It really is that simple.

IkSXedj.jpg

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010

I mentioned Greg In my first post.

C

charger69

Jul 4, 2017
Somehow missed this thread.

I have for years been saying much of this. Many of the hardcorez bodybuilders are too stuck in old bro-lore.

Cals in cals out. Period. I love the 'we are all different' stuff. The fact is that VERY few people have ever truly tracked their cals and macros.

I spent 4+ years literally preparing, weighing and trying all kinds of different intakes. What I realized is that cals are king. And fat loss is NOT about cutting sugar or 'bad' foods. It is about eating less.

When I cleaned up my desk a bunch of years back, I collected all the stickies where I had planned out different macro can cal combinations. This is probably over 3 years of intakes.

FWIW, I dont track cals anymore and just do it by feel. I used to systematically ALWAYS be gaining or losing weight. Since I trained almost my entire life naturally you have have maximize the power of food to grow. I was ALWAYS gaining weight. 25-35lbs over 4-5 months and then dropping weight over 10-12 weeks. Then repeat.

I stopped doing this because I am about as big as I can hope to be and still hold it at 'normal' hormone levels (even though I gave up my nattie card). Eating up no longer benefits me as it once did and I can no longer gain mass, and keep it when I diet down to the 10% range. I could probably fix this, but my aas usage is something I dont feel the need to push as I approach 50. My goals were to never use so much that what I gained, I could not hold on to at 'normal' hormone levels. Those are just my goals and anyone can do what they want.

Anyway.....yes...cals in, cals out, and most people are who have never truly tracked and manipulated intake just dont get it. They think fat loss and gain is some black magic. And they are different, and they tout experiences of how when they eat this particular food they got fat...etc. It just is not accurate.

Cant tell you how many times over the years I have helped people out with their diets that swore they were 'different'. Amazing how their bodies are totally predictable as are results when they standardize intake. It really is that simple.

IkSXedj.jpg

Do you have experience with fasting?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Do you have experience with fasting?

Been following an IF protocol for over 2 1/2 years now. In past 2 years I have only 3 times eaten before 1pm. Most of my first meals at 230-300 pm

Recently I have experimented with a new dieting technique which is based around a "INTERMITTENT" psmf.

Too early for details, but I am thinking I can do a traditional week of dieting with a few days a week of PSMF protocol. Dont want to speak about it too much before I have had a chance to try it for a while.

But I am nervous on several levels since I have worked many years to get the mass I now carry. I would be less nervous with high anabolic supplementation, but I want to see if I can hold the muscle without being overly reliant on outside anabolics. For my goals and age, I dont like to us aas as a crutch and want to keep any aas use to the least that I can.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Been following an IF protocol for over 2 1/2 years now. In past 2 years I have only 3 times eaten before 1pm . . .

mac, thank you for your earlier post #32. YOU may be the ideal lab rat in discussions like these due to your typical TID member's middle-aged age, your minimal use of aas, and your methodical record keeping, but ..........
WTF is that black splotch ... what am I missing?! :p

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic