Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

So....when did macros stop being important?

MrRippedZilla

MrRippedZilla

VIP Member
Feb 18, 2015
So you are saying the way I've always dropped weight is physically impossible?
If your anecdotal experience goes against the law of thermodynamics then yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm sorry that there is no real "nice" way to say that. You are not gaining/dropping muscle or fat without an energy deficit. Period. Again, this is basic, well known, fact and no amount of complaining about the "science" is going to change that.

Beautiful thing about facts - they don't care about people's opinions on them :)

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I used to see a gal from Washington DC who would explain alternate facts to me so that I might better understand things the way she wanted me to.

MrRippedZilla

MrRippedZilla

VIP Member
Feb 18, 2015
I'm not allowed to edit my post so I'll do it here:

*You are not gaining/dropping muscle or fat without a change in the energy equation. Unless you're a beginner or on PEDs.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
If your anecdotal experience goes against the law of thermodynamics then yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I'm sorry that there is no real "nice" way to say that. You are not gaining/dropping muscle or fat without an energy deficit. Period. Again, this is basic, well known, fact and no amount of complaining about the "science" is going to change that.

Beautiful thing about facts - they don't care about people's opinions on them :)

Sure does seem to be a lot of us "genetic anomalies" out there. My body doesn't seem to give a shit about your "facts". lol

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I'm not allowed to edit my post so I'll do it here:

*You are not gaining/dropping muscle or fat without a change in the energy equation. Unless you're a beginner or on PEDs.

I'm certainly not a beginner. Full disclosure I am on a "high TRT dose" of test C at 250mg per week.

I've never done a log before but I could try to keep one up while I'm losing and post what I'm eating...you know, for science. Since many seem to think its impossible.

MrRippedZilla

MrRippedZilla

VIP Member
Feb 18, 2015
I've never done a log before but I could try to keep one up while I'm losing and post what I'm eating...you know, for science. Since many seem to think its impossible.
I'd only be interested if you had an independent figure monitoring your caloric intake. No self-reporting for me brother. Science says it's too inaccurate ;)

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
@gunslinger , think about what you’re saying. You’re saying that if I eat 20lbs of chicken and broccoli a day, I will lose more weight than if I ate a single Reese’s Cup each day...? because the macros and whatnot, calories don’t matter...?

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
@gunslinger , think about what you’re saying. You’re saying that if I eat 20lbs of chicken and broccoli a day, I will lose more weight than if I ate a single Reese’s Cup each day...? because the macros and whatnot, calories don’t matter...?

I never said anything about chicken, broccoli or reeses.

gunslinger said:
Calories matter but macros are EVERYTHING.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I never said anything about chicken, broccoli or reeses.

Right, I was using hyperbole and some random examples in order to put it in perspective for you.

Your response has instead put it in perspective for me. You’re right. Good talk.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010

Might be the dumbest shit I've ever read. But I guess if it were true it should would make life a lot easier for overweight ppl. Just eat junk food and drop weight as long as it's less calories. Wonder why so many people on the boards worry about their diets? Weird. Its almost like their bodies don't respond well to twinkies. Meh, I guess I'm overthinking it and need to trust the "science" and eat what I want.

Shit we need to redo the diet section on TID.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic