Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

So....when did macros stop being important?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
That's because protein takes more energy to digest. And assuming you are in a caloric deficit the high protein will help protect you from muscle loss. Science backs you up.

But you still have a ways to go if you want to catch Michael Phelps (training for the Olympics) at 12000 Calories a day, 4000 Calories for breakfast.
View attachment 11378View attachment 11379

I don't understand how he wouldn't get distended gut with that amount of volume?.....How can his stomach stretch to accommodate such volume at one time and not develop distended gut syndrome?....

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Are you on meds for your ailment; heart, BP? You may or may not have a legit medical condition with an underlying pathology — which I’m not qualified to speak to.
So far as it “could” relate to nutrition, it could potentially be related to an imbalance of electrolytes. Many heart related issues can be remedied with nutrition / electrolyte balance rather than meds.
Happy upcoming Bday, and I hope you’re able to remedy your heart issue.
Have you had blood work that we could possibly have some insight of your electrolytes?

No, it's an mental deprivation of the human psyche....My late step-father would tell me this was my problem when I would say to him, " I can't do this anymore"....He would make us work into the dark on our construction jobs, by making the men use their headlights to shine on the job....We were expected to work from dark to dark....He was an chronic gambler, so, we had to make sure he could get his "draw" in order for him to be able to go loose it at the local card game....

Anyway I ask him one night on the way home what did he mean by that....He said, "Well, Russ, that's when a man drops down on his azz and doesn't have the heart to get back up"!...."Heart dropsy" syndrome....I'm not sure if they have accepted that as an "legit" medical term yet or not....Anyway, he was a trip to say the least!...

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
You must have missed, or chose to ignore the couple studies (for the establishment narrative sake) in previous posts, that explain how / why macro type affects body composition AND overall weight gain or loss.
To reiterate, weight loss is NOT “a calorie is a calorie” and simply a matter of reducing total caloric intake = weight loss. That’s NOT reality, regardless of any pet institutional doctrine.

Can you please stop acting like you’re the only person here with experience? Do you think I just read some shit and now I’m spewing it out like a sprinkler? To be honest, I’ve not even gotten into the science as much as some of the others but I do have experience that very much backs up the science and the rest of those in here with significant experience as well.

The fact is, IF what you are saying is true and you can eat more calories than you burn in a day and not gain weight (as long as they’re clean and carnivorous and eaten in one sitting), then you are 1-in-what are we at now like 9-billion. 100% what is happening is that you are burning a shitload of calories each day (and I applaud your metabolism and use of training/peds to achieve this level of size/conditioning at your age, truly incredible) and so you can eat like that and have adjusted. Switch to shit food, eat less calories, and you start getting fat and assume that it’s purely the food’s fault since you’re eating less cals and still getting fatter than the “more cals of clean food diet”. But the reality is your metabolism plummeted (along with myriad other factors that we’re all aware of so I’m not going to spout them off in the attempt to appear smarter than I am) and so tdee ended up less than your intake and voila.

I didn’t choose to ignore any of the studies. I just haven’t read one yet where people can eat more than they burn and lose weight...

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Can you please stop acting like you’re the only person here with experience? Do you think I just read some shit and now I’m spewing it out like a sprinkler? To be honest, I’ve not even gotten into the science as much as some of the others but I do have experience that very much backs up the science and the rest of those in here with significant experience as well.

The fact is, IF what you are saying is true and you can eat more calories than you burn in a day and not gain weight (as long as they’re clean and carnivorous and eaten in one sitting), then you are 1-in-what are we at now like 9-billion. 100% what is happening is that you are burning a shitload of calories each day (and I applaud your metabolism and use of training/peds to achieve this level of size/conditioning at your age, truly incredible) and so you can eat like that and have adjusted. Switch to shit food, eat less calories, and you start getting fat and assume that it’s purely the food’s fault since you’re eating less cals and still getting fatter than the “more cals of clean food diet”. But the reality is your metabolism plummeted (along with myriad other factors that we’re all aware of so I’m not going to spout them off in the attempt to appear smarter than I am) and so tdee ended up less than your intake and voila.

I didn’t choose to ignore any of the studies. I just haven’t read one yet where people can eat more than they burn and lose weight...

There are some aspects of agreement here with how you’ve expressed your stance in this one.
Some of the confusion is semantics.
Allow me to attempt stating this in no uncertain terms: One can consume an identical amount of calories in multiple sittings spread from morning into evening and with the identical tdee, consume the identical quantity of identical foods in one early sitting for the day, and at the end of some particular period of days, let’s say two weeks, the one who condenses their calories into the small eating window will both lose scale weight while improving body composition.
A myriad of “scientific” physiological reasons for this.
The results can be even more pronounced when the total caloric amount utilizes specific food types as opposed to any and all foods on the anything goes style of eating.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
There are some aspects of agreement here with how you’ve expressed your stance in this one.
Some of the confusion is semantics.
Allow me to attempt stating this in no uncertain terms: One can consume an identical amount of calories in multiple sittings spread from morning into evening and with the identical tdee, consume the identical quantity of identical foods in one early sitting for the day, and at the end of some particular period of days, let’s say two weeks, the one who condenses their calories into the small eating window will both lose scale weight while improving body composition.
A myriad of “scientific” physiological reasons for this.
The results can be even more pronounced when the total caloric amount utilizes specific food types as opposed to any and all foods on the anything goes style of eating.

I would like to see that study, it very much interests me. I’ve been using IF on and off for many many years, initially only as a way to control total calories by making my window 6 or less hours, but then also for the benefits I noticed in my energy levels, bowel function, and skin/hair. I knew it was better for me for more reasons than just limiting my calories (they were sky high during the height of my powerlifting days) and so I kept playing with it and I still fast daily until at least late afternoon as a part of my ssssuper flexible diet. You’ll never find me debating the benefits of IF and most fasting routines in general. My debate has been and will continue to be with the notion that gunslinger can eat 2000cals a day of pancakes and burn 4,000 cals a day being a self proclaimed black belt, and still get fat. I contend that nobody can burn more than they consume and NOT lose weight. I demand that science makes this a law of some sort.

Glad you’re taking this banter light-heartedly.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I would like to see that study, it very much interests me. I’ve been using IF on and off for many many years, initially only as a way to control total calories by making my window 6 or less hours, but then also for the benefits I noticed in my energy levels, bowel function, and skin/hair. I knew it was better for me for more reasons than just limiting my calories (they were sky high during the height of my powerlifting days) and so I kept playing with it and I still fast daily until at least late afternoon as a part of my ssssuper flexible diet. You’ll never find me debating the benefits of IF and most fasting routines in general. My debate has been and will continue to be with the notion that gunslinger can eat 2000cals a day of pancakes and burn 4,000 cals a day being a self proclaimed black belt, and still get fat. I contend that nobody can burn more than they consume and NOT lose weight. I demand that science makes this a law of some sort.

Glad you’re taking this banter light-heartedly.

On this we can agree: One will not gain weight by burning more calories then they consume.
However, calories and tdee being identical, one can in fact gain weight where the other does not. This is true if for no other reasons (and there are more reasons), one style of foods consumed may retain more water -> thus more weight. Also, feeding frequency and late afternoon and evening consumption. A few of many reasons one can gain from the same total calories whereas another does not.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
You guys are making it more complicated then it should be with all this Marco shit... almost every guy I know spends more
Time on the macro bs them actually putting in hard work .. eat often eat health now a roughly how much your eating day and stop with the pad and paper it annoys people in the gym when u have a notebook tracking every lift u do .. most people make fun fun that .. it’s a gym not class .. gains will come with out your little notebook

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
WOW!!! This shit is getting old. Members? So all of us (members) said calories are calories? REALLY? Or are just trying to start arguments for the sake of arguing? I know I wasted quite a bit of my life pointing out calories are not calories and macroneutrients are very iimportant. My wife also has to lower the carbs, she is very sensative to them (lots of people are). There are some of us that are not. Which is why carb sesative peoplewho eat carbs tend to have high LDL small particles= CHD. We are all different, "the law of individuality" in full effect. Our bodies react differently to different macroneutrients and our energy needs are completely different. All energy from food is measured in calories, all foods contain macronutrients and micronutritends. ALL are importand to human survival. The fact that some one can eat twinkies and lose weight does not mean they are healthy at all youu are missing too many very important macro and micro- nutritients. Unless you are getting ready for a bodybuilding contest, being healthy should be your ONLY goal, unless you have a very good insurance policy and don't mind being hospitalized Eating friend foods and processed food (donuts) is ok once in a while but should not be part of any one's diet. No bodybuilder in their right mind is going to spend the time and money it takes to get ready for a contest and eat fried foods and donuts. To keep this up is fucking stupid.

I never said ALL members. But most were saying over and over again a calorie is a fucking calorie. When I said that's bullshit I got blasted. I agree it's getting fucking old! Also MACGYVER was the one who kept insisting a friend of his contest prepped on doughnuts and fried chicken so get your goddamn facts straight. Tell him how stupid it is to even suggest such a thing!!.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Was his friend Jason Genova?

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
You guys are making it more complicated then it should be with all this Marco shit... almost every guy I know spends more
Time on the macro bs them actually putting in hard work .. eat often eat health now a roughly how much your eating day and stop with the pad and paper it annoys people in the gym when u have a notebook tracking every lift u do .. most people make fun fun that .. it’s a gym not class .. gains will come with out your little notebook

“Gains” and actual health differ.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic