Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

So....when did macros stop being important?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
What in the fuck is going on in here? Since when did homoerotic pic-swapping prove that calories don’t/do matter?

Can we just agree that Gunslinger is the new Deadweight and move on?

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
What in the fuck is going on in here? Since when did homoerotic pic-swapping prove that calories don’t/do matter?

Can we just agree that Gunslinger is the new Deadweight and move on?

That was moving on, so far as the thread turning to a pic swap.
Otherwise known as, the parting shot — no homo!

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
A very basic and simplistic read on this thread’s topic of macros and “a calorie is a calorie is a calorie” confusion.
It would seem obvious that anyone who knows their body from experience would figure this out without the need for leaning on studies. Studies confuse a lot of real world contrary/counter experience.

Last edited:
Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
d5539eec543a3137e6eeb36a61949d78.png

6fdedc2b62d1fdeb04aaa0d1aeeeb090.png

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I’m NOT a bb’er (in my later years now — used to be) — I’m a student and experimenter of biohacking with diet/nutritional methods, and various compounds. At this point in my 50s, my interests are health/longevity, performance, conditioning, and never becoming an average person of my age.

Very nice pics and much respect.

I will point out one thing. I can post pics of almost same level of conditioning/composition. So what do we gain from that?

It is one thing if only people who followed the dietary protocols looked like you do. But that is not the case. There in lies my point. I once believed like you did, and then over time figured out that really what it all comes down to is cals in cals out. (while meeting nutrition requirement...etc).

So while your pics do show great dedication and fantastic development, they are not much for proving a point, since other people can post pics looking exactly the same and not needing to ascribe to such restrictive intakes in order to achieve.

Make sense? You ought to try it sometime....you might be surprised.

Since you are posting pics, I was stuck traveling from a soccer tournament today. My son wanted McDonalds. I dont each much fast food, but I got a big mac, large fry and a 10-piece nugget and a coke. I just snapped this pic 5 min ago. And yes...I am the fattest I have been in 2 years since I have let my weight drift up on purpose. Because I ate like crap today I will balance out my dinner cals and try to get a little more protein....thats it. No fuks given.... (and this is me in the worst shape I have been in 2 years)

OnQNAkY.jpg

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I will point out one thing. I can post pics of almost same level of conditioning/composition. So what do we gain from that?
It is one thing if only people who followed the dietary protocols looked like you do. But that is not the case. There in lies my point. I once believed like you did, and then over time figured out that really what it all comes down to is cals in cals out. (while meeting nutrition requirement...etc).
So while your pics do show great dedication and fantastic development, they are not much for proving a point, since other people can post pics looking exactly the same and not needing to ascribe to such restrictive intakes in order to achieve.
Since you are posting pics, I was stuck traveling from a soccer tournament today. My son wanted McDonalds. I dont each much fast food, but I got a big mac, large fry and a 10-piece nugget and a coke. I just snapped this pic 5 min ago. And yes...I am the fattest I have been in 2 years since I have let my weight drift up on purpose. Because I ate like crap today I will balance out my dinner cals and try to get a little more protein....thats it. No fuks given.... (and this is me in the worst shape I have been in 2 years)
OnQNAkY.jpg
Yep and I already told you about my buddy who lived off Fudge and sugar and stayed ripped. That doesn't prove anything other than genetics. Get a thousand ppl together, Feed them all 2,000 calories per day. 500 will get nothing but junk food. Mcdonalds, donuts, etc. The other 500 will get nothing but lean meats and fibrous veggies. Do this for 6 months. I think you would be amazed how many "genetic anomalies" there are among us who can't get ripped on sugar and sodium. People that go directly against those precious unbreakable laws you worship.
There are already 3 ppl in this thread who agree with me after 30+ years of figuring out their bodies. I guess your rules/laws don't apply to them either. Weird.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
lean meats and fibrous veggies
Do you understand thermogenic effects at all? Consuming those items increases your TDEE, if you know what that is.

There are already 3 ppl in this thread who agree with me after 30+ years of figuring out their bodies. I guess your rules/laws don't apply to them either. Weird.
The laws work, you just are clueless how they do because you'd rather believe its magic than science. Millions of people believed in magic, until we had this thing called the Renaissance, and people began to discover there was science behind how things worked.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Do you understand thermogenic effects at all? Consuming those items increases your TDEE, if you know what that is.
The laws work, you just are clueless how they do because you'd rather believe its magic than science. Millions of people believed in magic, until we had this thing called the Renaissance, and people began to discover there was science behind how things worked.
Did I once mention magic? You and a few others have told me and a couple others that what our bodies do with food is not scientifically possible.
Me: Macros are important
Members: Nope. A calorie is a calorie
Me: I have to lower carbs and cut sugar to get lean
Members: You can get in contest condition eating fried chicken and donuts
But I'm the clueless one? Right...... If that's what you are calling science I'll stick with my bro-science and magic, thanks.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Yep and I already told you about my buddy who lived off Fudge and sugar and stayed ripped. That doesn't prove anything other than genetics.

Ok....and I mentioned I am not a naturally lean individual. Never had abs in my life.....or even an "ab".

I am blessed with being strong and gaining mass naturally was never an issue, but I have never been a lean individual. Not even close.

Typical boxy waist italian. Every male in my family is 30-50lbs overweight. Up until I started learning to manipulate intake, for 10 years I had a 36-38" waist at 5'9

So kinda shoots your argument down. But it is the easy one to make because it takes the responsibility off your own accountability for you being overweight. You just tell yourself ripped guys just have genetics and that is why you are not. But sorry..... You are not ripped because you eat too much period.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010

OnQNAkY.jpg

Thanks Bro, I appreciate the compliment and overall tone of your post.
My stricter discipline has evolved because of a desire for health and longevity rather than such a heavy emphasis on aesthetics.
In previous years, I was far more loose with macros / specific choice of foods. I have many years experience with a looser diet while training compared to my way of eating now where I place emphasis on macro ratios, feed timing, frequency of eating and abstaining (with both IT and extended fasting), avoidance of specific foods all together (other than a well earned cheat meal occasionally).
In fact even over my past few years of this transition, my cheats have switched from donuts and haagen dazs to a 10oz serving of mixed fresh fruit and/or a fast food spicy chicken sandwich.
The results differ radically most noticeably in composition and systemic inflammation. Along with other differences like water balance and recovery.
I can and do consume a larger overall weekly caloric total than the previous loose style way of eating, and have much better composition results. Running on fat (predominantly saturated fat) for fuel rather than glucose, or a combo of glucose and fat (a fat storage combo), the difference couldn’t be more pronounced.

All the above is sharing of an emphasis on the evident physical results — and for me to delve into the differences on cardiovascular / cholesterol, inflammatory factors, digestion, general metabolic and so forth benefits for health, would turn this thread a more technical in-depth direction.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic