Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

So Tired After Leg Day, Why?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
If legs alone kill ya, try throwing in deads. Squats and deads together kills me. I wind up just eating and napping after.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I like deads, w/legpress, w/calves on the leg press.

By the time you get to calves, you don't even feel them, lol.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
If legs alone kill ya, try throwing in deads. Squats and deads together kills me. I wind up just eating and napping after.
I'll see your squats and DL and raise ya a 3.5 mile run right after. I did that a few years back. Jacked AF, wrecked AF too. Never again!

T

txabertheory

Jul 29, 2022
Leg day exhausts me so much that I don't even want to eat. I just go to bed and that's it.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
As others have reported, taking the day off after legs as a scheduled rest day helps. Even a 15 minute 'power nap' aids in recovery. I have also experimented with higher calorie intake pre/during/post leg day, it only made the tired lethargic feeling worse as my body struggled to adjust to the sudden strain on my digestive process.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I never exceed 40 minutes in the gym and take a kitchen sink of powders before and drink it before and during plus plenty of water. Immediately after the workout I slam a small hand full of skittles. Chew on them and savor the sugar then swallow more water. On the way home I drink pasteurized egg whites mixed with Liquid yogurt from a chilled hydroflask then eat a tiny oat bite from Bobo. It saves me from tearing my wife's head off verbally when I get home cause I would be starving and doesn't rob bloodflow with complex foods for digestion.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
For some reason it doesn't make me any more tired than any other day in the gym and I train my legs hard as hell. I will do rest pause, drop sets, widow makers, etc... for the major movements like, squats, leg press, hack squats, etc...

I do eat about an hour before I go to the gym then I will eat a homemade protein bar with an intraworkout EEA/creatine mix in the middle of my workout. I also eat about an hour after I finish the gym. This probably helps.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic