pbtom
What's New?

So Tired After Leg Day, Why?

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Leg day is the only day after training where I am extremely tired. I mean leg day with my trainer, because I obviously don't push myself that much LOL.
The last 2 sessions have been GREAT workout leg sessions. And about 30-60 mins after I feel extremely tired. When I get home, I am so tired that I take a nap and it is a hard nap. On days I don't take a nap, I sure do sleep well that night.
He pushes me really hard and I love it.

Just wondering why the extreme tiredness. It's cool and all that, i'm not concerned at all. I'm sure there is science behind it. So i'm going to research and post back my findings.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Yes, every workout you tax your nervous system. Some workouts more than others, workouts with squats and/or deads being the most taxing, also depending on level of exertion. Some people say you need to take a day off after every w/o so the nervous system can recover. I would say after a hard squat / dead w/o for sure and other w/o depending on size of muscles trained, effort, and whether juicing or not.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
It's the trauma you put your body through. Your body has no idea that you intend to fuuk yourself up in a controlled environment like a gym, it just knows it got a beat down. Far as your body knows, you were tracking a herd of Woolly Mammoths and got jumped by a Saber-tooth tiger. Now that the threat is gone, you can sit and recover by the fire with a good elephant steak.

There's a reason I am not in the gym the day before legs and my day after consists of some DB curls. If you just want to check legs off the list, that's fine. But if you want to grow some monster legs and or squat some big number, legs need to be a priority. That priority starts long before you begin stretching out and extends long after you roll up your knee wraps.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I always make sure I have the day off after I do legs then I don't really notice as much. Sometimes I have no other choice than to do them as my schedule can change according to business.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
And about 30-60 mins after I feel extremely tired. When I get home, I am so tired that I take a nap...
What’s your post workout carb intake like? You might be going hypo(glycemic) from depleting your energy stores. If I go hard and don’t eat a starch (oats or pasta) within the hour I’m down hard on the couch for an hour lol.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
What’s your post workout carb intake like? You might be going hypo(glycemic) from depleting your energy stores. If I go hard and don’t eat a starch (oats or pasta) within the hour I’m down hard on the couch for an hour lol.

3 rice cakes and a protein shake.

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
3 rice cakes and a protein shake.
Instead, try a double quarter pounder with cheese and a medium fry....and a large regular Coke of course. ( Or: any fast food thats your favorite)
If you're going to have a cheat meal then after a leg workout is when to have it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic