Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Snake Jr. does Planet Fitness

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I will start off by saying I do not shit anyone's training. Always felt like everyone has different wants and needs.

My youngest asked last night asked if he could go to the local P.F. He was asked to go with his GF and her mother. So I begrudgingly agreed from the corner of my dusty home gym. About 45 min later he texted me. "Dad, what kind of gym doesn't have a bench? And what's with these signs saying, Judgement free zone and Do not critique? 15 min later he texted, "Oh they would ask you to leave."

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
No bench? Haven't been to one but assumed they had free weights.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I will start off by saying I do not shit anyone's training. Always felt like everyone has different wants and needs.

My youngest asked last night asked if he could go to the local P.F. He was asked to go with his GF and her mother. So I begrudgingly agreed from the corner of my dusty home gym. About 45 min later he texted me. "Dad, what kind of gym doesn't have a bench? And what's with these signs saying, Judgement free zone and Do not critique? 15 min later he texted, "Oh they would ask you to leave."

We have lots of those places here too. Sounds like they think all of us are assholes (very judgmental). Judgement free zones? Do not critique? I am too busy working out to judge or critique anyone. I have heard they ask you to leave if you make any grunting noise too. No dumbbells over 60 lbs. They also give away free cookies and pizza. I guess you get what you pay for. Want a real gym then you have to pay a little more.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
A PF opened 5 minutes from my home. I couldn't resist giving it try. One day a female was severely out of form using the iso-lat pulldown (never seen anything like it in 45 years) I said "hey, you're going to hurt yourself". "Keep your head straight and always look forward when pushing or pulling weight". 3 months later she returned and reported me for critiquing her. As the result of my critique she was devisated, according to staff. One of the words staff repeated while scolding me was "her persona".

I cancelled my membership.

Stay away from PF.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I'm getting a lot of mental pictures of just what "her persona" looks like. You need to be gentle with a woman's persona and not devastate it, CFM. Suppose you got her started grunting and she set off the Lunk Alarm?

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
They have Smith machines with adjustable benches, but no barbell/benches. As mentioned, dumbbells go up to 60 lbs.
Plenty of cardio equipment and they keep it clean... that's about all it is good for.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
.... No dumbbells over 60 lbs. They also give away free cookies and pizza. I guess you get what you pay for. Want a real gym then you have to pay a little more.
Is the idea of no heavy DB to keep the Meatheads out? My home gym DB only goes up to 60's and there was a time even at my best, I got in competition shape with just that. As a PLer, one Texas Power bar and a boat load of 45's can go a long way.

On the grunting note; I never got crazy. Seemed like all the yelling and banging your head on a bar was just a waste of energy to me. That excludes squats over 12 reps. My breathing is very labored after 12 reps. lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic