RalfKelleh
What's New?

Smoked up some ribs!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I just realized this is the weight loss forum, lol! So my disclaimer is to FAST all day and have 1 big meal.......LMAO! hahaha.

Anyway, I made the best ribs i've ever eaten last night, they were that effin' good. I can't believe how good they were. They were not falling off the bone like a mess, but barely hanging on, but tender like butter. I got a 3-rack package from Costco and smoked 2 racks on my little rectec340, and then placed the other rack in the crock pot. lol. All racks were trimmed and seasoned the night prior (Friday) and sat in the fridge until morning....err....mid-morning:D

Here is what they looked like seasoned in the morning and pre-cooking....at least the 2 for the smoker. I had already stuck the 3rd one in the slow cooker. I almost forgot to take a pic, so this is outside right before putting in the smoker.

Seasoning was Killer Hogs All Purpose (AP) and their "The BBQ Rub."

Attachments

• ribs precook 1.jpg
    ribs precook 1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 113
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Method of planned cooking: 2hrs on smoker at 250F, or until rub sets in --> Wrap and cook for 1 hr at same temp, or until internal temp is met, then --> pull and hold in cooler for 1 hour, then --> unwrap and put back on smoker opened for final 30 minutes of cooking to set the sauce/glaze etc. I spritzed them an hour into the first cook with ACV/Apple Juice.

After 2.25-2.5 hours in the smoker, I put both ribs on a pan, meat side down into some homemade Georgia Mustard BBQ sauce, then covered with foil and stuck them in the oven at 250F. I like the oven because when I wrap an item in foil, it just wastes my pellets on my smoker.

At 1 hr in the oven, I checked them out and temps were 202-204F...bam!

So I took them out of the oven and was going to put them in a cooler, but I realized I didn't have one...ugh! I had one, but it got torn up from one of our dogs months back. Our other ones were too big. SO I burped them (opened the foil), then covered them and let them cool down a bit at room temp for 15-20 minutes, then put them in the oven at a 170F temp. for an hour.....sort of my generic way of "holding" them in a cooler:O

After an hour, I took them out, made foil boats to place them in (See pic below), and brushed them down with my homemade bbq sauce....

Attachments

• ribs pre final cook 1.jpg
    ribs pre final cook 1.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 108
  • ribs pre final cook 2.jpg
    ribs pre final cook 2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 120
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Next, put them back on the smoker for 30 minutes at 250F to have the sauce glaze up and set-in. After this, I was done. Here are the pics below....

The final pic is plated on fine china with Mexican street corn (from Costco, lol) and scalloped potatos (also from Costco).....and of course Diet Dr. Thunder...heh heh heh!

Attachments

• ribs 2.jpg
    ribs 2.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 108
  • ribs 3.jpg
    ribs 3.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 111
  • ribs 4.jpg
    ribs 4.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 108
  • ribs 1.jpg
    ribs 1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 112
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Of course, I had more cake for dessert:D Had to include my orange cake. Also, included a pic of the crock pot ribs. They cooked on low for 8 hours and were falling off the bone. I was gonna sauce them up and stick them in the oven to glaze up.....but the wife doesn't like sauce on ribs, so I just left these for her....though she did actually like my smoked ribs with sauce. I didn't try the crock pot ribs, maybe today.

Here is the recipe for the BBQ sauce i cooked up...super easy. I doubled the recipe from what is below.

Georgia Mustard BBQ Sauce:
1 cup prepared mustard
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp celery seed
1 tsp tabasco sauce

Warm on med heat for slight boil for 20 minutes.

Attachments

• orange cake.jpg
    orange cake.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 117
  • ribs crock pot.jpg
    ribs crock pot.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 106
Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Nice smoke ring on them bad boys. Color looks like poop though, enjoy your leftovers, LOL

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Bro, I TRULY could eat both those racks myself:)
You are a turd for posting this I am really hungry now!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Bro, I TRULY could eat both those racks myself:)
You are a turd for posting this I am really hungry now!

No doubt!...Between LK's and BMJ's food threads, I managed to jump the ban wagon...I'm back on crap food....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic