pbtom
What's New?

Smoked Turkey

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Threw this 11lber in the smoker Sunday morning, got it to 155 and let it rest up tp 160, super juicy. Used a new rub with dehydrated honey in it, Kosmos Killer Bee
th

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Yum!!!!!...LK, do use organic!...I've tried both (non-organic, organic) with fish, poultry and beef...It always seems to taste better with the organic cuts...

M

mdmusclemachine

VIP Member
Feb 8, 2012
I have a Green Mountain Grille. I injected it this year with a blend of butter/salt pepper Worcester Paula deans house season and then used the same to rub down Turned out amazing

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
My new thermo came with an injector, never did it and never needed to if you time the meat right but I definitely want to give it a try.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
And no, I don't buy anything that is specifically labeled organic, it's the same shit just more money.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Is that Kosmos rub any good? I almost ordered some a few weeks back! I used Meat Church's Honey Hog Rub a few years back for a T-Giving bird, and it was pretty damn good, b ut they are pretty expensive so i never bought another bottle.

This last year just used Killer Hogs AP rub and Mississippi Grind rub, and it came out phenomenal.....

Smoking is the best way to cook a turkey imo....will never do another over baked bird. I've never injected a turkey, but do brine it each time.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
My new thermo came with an injector, never did it and never needed to if you time the meat right but I definitely want to give it a try.
A meat injector? I use one anytime the meat is thick. I inject it 1-2 days before I smoke/cook it. Use some butter with lean meat in the injection mix.

(FD is going to have a field day with my post! lol)

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
First one I bought @MR. BMJ and I liked it. Was good for the whole family, not that spicy, had just enough paprika and the dehydrated honey was really nice. I'm going to try the Chipotle one on some ribs.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic