Rolanalon
What's New?

Smoked Pork Shoulder

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I did warm some up in the oven Sunday evening and put on a kaiser roll with BBQ sauce and it was excellent. I do love the textured bark pieces.... Looks like I've got some learning to do on creative ways to eat it! LOL

I'm a big salmon fan. Do you ever smoke salmon?
Yep, I think I posted some pics here, making on tomorrow or Wednesday, just grabbed a whole fillet Sunday at Costco

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
This shit all seems to complicated... I just toss my pork sirloins in the crock pot and forget it over night... That shit just falls apart in the morning...

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I have smoked chicken for lunch today. It’s freaking delicious. I have smoked hot links coming tomorrow.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
This shit all seems to complicated... I just toss my pork sirloins in the crock pot and forget it over night... That shit just falls apart in the morning...
Different flavor. Nothing complicated about throwing meat on a smoker, wood in the fire box and a thermometer to measure temp. Set it and forget it till the thermometer beeps unless you need to add more wood for flavor.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea, the wrapping part is only to speed up the cooking process, as it steams up inside the foil/wrap and heats it up quicker. However, if you are in for the long haul, keep the temp low and let it cook through until the probe beeps (exactly like LK mentioned). I'm no expert or pro on this stuff, I usually watch a youtube of my favorite bbq guys, and then just do what they do. I don't do anything exotic. It's actually all easy once you are doing it. However, any piece of meat is gonna take a few hours to 8hrs to 12+ hrs depending on how you cook it, or the type of meat you are cooking....so patience is a virtue. If you get a pellet grill, it takes all the effort out and it's like impossible to mess up, unless you don't have a probe and overshoot your temp goal, and thus overcooking it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic