Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Smallest size pin?

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Absolutely, Mike_RN! 22g or 23 g for me. Never had much of an issue. I'm an inpatient SOB when pinning. Plus, I ain't that flexible for a glute pin. I freakin get Charlie Horses in my lower back. LOL.

BobbySweeney

BobbySweeney

Feb 21, 2020
You all are insane using 23 gauge for TRT. You have to have so much scar tissue.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
True statement ... for those who only do trt.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
You all are insane using 23 gauge for TRT. You have to have so much scar tissue.
I’m 50, have over 10yrs of 2-3 shots per week (continuous) 23 gx 1” or even 22g x 1.5” in delts, glutes and quads with no scar tissue. I think some folks underestimate how tough our bodies are. If you don’t rotate sites and favored 1 way too much it might get “gristle-y” when you insert the needle there.

We train with weights, micro tears happen all day long in muscle and it doesn’t mean they develop scars. Why would that same tissue have trouble accommodating a 1-3ml liquid bonus that absorbs in a week? Unless you are extremely prone to scarring (keloids etc.)

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Question, not Debate:

Does scar tissue come more from certain actives we inject, certain carriers we inject, the size of the bolus of anything we inject, or just the mere fact of sticking pointy steel things in, over and over, even if nothing was injected?

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
i only inject with slin pins....29g ...have to backload

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I've just begun switching to smaller pins. "Just begun" in that I'm still in the online shopping phase. My dumb ass didn't know 1cc luer lock syringe-only's had become available. Now I know, but finding the luer lock needle-only in the gauge/length I want is a little trickier.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Back before I switched to slin pins, I used to struggle with smaller needles and 3ml syringes. I think I had 27g.

Anyway, trying to push so hard on the plunger and shaking my hand around, I felt I was doing more damage than I was saving. (Like a sewing machine vibrating the needle in and out!)

I figured out I could cut the end off the cap that comes protecting the needle. You can cut it off at your desired length to have the needle go any depth you want. Then you can really push it against your skin thereby steadying your hand. You can just bury pushing it all the way in resting on the open end you cut off.

G

guambroker

May 6, 2020
I use 27g and I heat up the vial to lower viscosity, then preload my test and Deca shots for the month. SubQ

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
Oh dear lord, I've never met such a bunch of scared ass little girls.

Grab a fukkin 18ga and pin it. You will never complain about a 23ga again.

I've been pinning for 30+ years and cant not tell you the amount of scar tissue I have. A slin pin wont do it anywhere but the stomach for me.

Hell I pinned with a 25ga last week and had to re-pin in the calf. It just would not go into the delt and cracked the whole time. Then when I tried to punch the plunger it wouldnt budge, not a damn bit. Lol

So I switched pin top and pinned the calf. I can still pin the general areas if I use a 23, like delta, glutes and quads but anything smaller is just difficult. Now pinning calf, pec, bicep or other minor areas, no issues still.

I do use a 27ga when I pin the stomach though, always subQ in that area of course.

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
I used to do 27 gauge in the quads, however not all oil will flow thru that. If you get a thicker liquid it'll clog up and youll end up with more scar tissue. I stick to 25 gauges all round

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic