Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Smallest size pin?

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
What is the smallest size pin you will use for oil's.I been using 27 g.Will a smaller gauge push very easy?Just wondered before I order some new one's

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Not sure why people (not meaning you, just in general) make such a big deal out of pin size. I mean 22 and under hurt, 18 sucks but is useable, is there really that much difference between a 27, 29 and slin?
I think the 27 is small enough where you only get a prick feeling and the oil flows at a decent pace, smaller than that and the inject just takes too long for me.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I like backloading the vast majority of my shots. 29g, 1/2” slin pins in delts, lats, tris, and sometimes pecs, have been my weekly go-to for years now. And for what it’s worth, of all slin pin brands I’ve used, I’ve found Easy Touch to be the best — smoothest plunger, sharpest pin.

BobbySweeney

BobbySweeney

Feb 21, 2020
Not sure why people (not meaning you, just in general) make such a big deal out of pin size. I mean 22 and under hurt, 18 sucks but is useable, is there really that much difference between a 27, 29 and slin?
I think the 27 is small enough where you only get a prick feeling and the oil flows at a decent pace, smaller than that and the inject just takes too long for me.

Yes there is a noticeable difference for me in a lot of ways.
29 is amazing, 30 is what I’m using but don’t recommend it.

BobbySweeney

BobbySweeney

Feb 21, 2020
I like backloading the vast majority of my shots. 29g, 1/2” slin pins in delts, lats, tris, and sometimes pecs, have been my weekly go-to for years now. And for what it’s worth, of all slin pin brands I’ve used, I’ve found Easy Touch to be the best — smoothest plunger, sharpest pin.

I’ve been trying to find luer-lock 29 pins for a long time, no luck.
I don’t want fixed 29 gauge slin pins, I just want the needle (pin without barrel).
Then you don’t need to back load. 29 is the magic number.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Barrel size in diameter will determine the pressure needed to squeeze it out. I knew the physics at one point but basically, a standard 3ml barrel makes it hard to push oil out a 29g pin. But a little 1ml slim barrel makes it much easier. Pounds-per-square-millimeter yaddy yada.

I use 22 to pull, and switch out for a 25g to pin. Even a 23g is smooth and virtually painless if it’s brand new and super sharp. Even one plunge through the rubber stopper ruins the perfect edge.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
27 x 1/2 it’s what used on cavaaject because its the most painless

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I’ve had sub-q 30g x 5/8” shots that hurt or bled just as often as my 23g x 1” IM shots that I’ve used for 10yrs. Neither ever hurt often. I don’t worry about injection pain as much as damage done by spending 2mins on emptying the barrel instead of the 20secs it takes through a 23g

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic