Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Smallest size pin?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . damage done by spending 2mins on emptying the barrel instead of the 20secs it takes through a 23g

I don't see this point made often on the boards, other than a few times I've mentioned it somewhere. Instant reaction is that a smaller pin means less tissue damage and resulting scar tissue, but if the added effort leads to needle shake, then does a 29-31g do less or more harm than a 23-25g?

I need to give Mr. Bernoulli a chance:

I’ve been trying to find luer-lock 29 pins for a long time, no luck.
I don’t want fixed 29 gauge slin pins, I just want the needle (pin without barrel).
Then you don’t need to back load. 29 is the magic number.

Not sure if we are talking about the exact same thing or not ... I have found the leurlock 29s in the past somewhere, but is there a leurlock 1cc syringe-only available anywhere so a lazy pussy can do the Bernoulli thing without backfilling? Isn't there an added risk of contaminating what was once sterile gear when someone backfills?

BobbySweeney

BobbySweeney

Feb 21, 2020
I don't see this point made often on the boards, other than a few times I've mentioned it somewhere. Instant reaction is that a smaller pin means less tissue damage and resulting scar tissue, but if the added effort leads to needle shake, then does a 29-31g do less or more harm than a 23-25g?

I need to give Mr. Bernoulli a chance:

Not sure if we are talking about the exact same thing or not ... I have found the leurlock 29s in the past somewhere, but is there a leurlock 1cc syringe-only available anywhere so a lazy pussy can do the Bernoulli thing without backfilling? Isn't there an added risk of contaminating what was once sterile gear when someone backfills?

I draw with a 27, shoot with a 30.
I want to start shooting with a 29 gauge need but can’t find those standalone in any length.

Last edited:
R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . but is there a leurlock 1cc syringe-only available anywhere so a lazy pussy can do the Bernoulli thing without backfilling? Isn't there an added risk of contaminating what was once sterile gear when someone backfills?

Sheeeit. I am a creature of habit, been shopping like I always did before 1cc's with no fixed needle became available :rolleyes:. Got the answer I hoped for elsewhere from SFG, whom some folks here will know.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
I started using 23's in the mid 90's and and have never switched. I tried 25's but they took too long to push in... I quickly went back to the 23's.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
29 is too small and slow for me to pin all the time. I have used 27g when I was trying daily shots rather than weekly test shots. I would rather get one shot per week even if it's a smaller pin. I use 23g when doing normal weekly and cycle shots.

Buki1718

Buki1718

Feb 21, 2020
You guys think 25g 5/8 is too small?
I usually use 25g 1, but ended up ordering the wrong ones. But from what I've seen that size should be fine. Jus checkin with you guys.
Hope everybody's having a good fucking day!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
It all depends on whether you intend to do IM or sub-Q shots, and if you want IM only will a 5/8 reach far enough in on you. It might also happen that you're lean enough to use some injection sites but not others.

In other words, you will know better than we do.

Buki1718

Buki1718

Feb 21, 2020
It all depends on whether you intend to do IM or sub-Q shots, and if you want IM only will a 5/8 reach far enough in on you. It might also happen that you're lean enough to use some injection sites but not others.

In other words, you will know better than we do.
Sorry should've specified but yes only IM injections and I'm fairly lean. Sometimes I feel 1 inch in my delts may be to deep sometimes. But I don't mind it glutes are just fine

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Some of us may have a male version of Dolly Parton Syndrome. We know damn well where that gal stores all her bodyfat, but she has slender legs. I've been doing 23g "1" forever, but I know there are some sites on me that would be fine with a 5/8, and some that might not be.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
For IM, draw with a 20g, swap out a new 23g 1" and done. No real pinch to speak of.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I use 29g 1/2" slin pins backloaded. Easy as can be.

A bit of advice, if one want to use smaller gauge luer lock pins...25, 27 or smaller, is just use a 1ml syringe rather than a 3ml. With the plunger dia being so much smaller, you dont have to push nearly as hard and viscosity is not an issue. (think simple hydraulics). This of course wont work if you are injecting more than 1ml....but besides that, it will make things much easier.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic