Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Slow rollin. See how we do.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Thanks Brother. No pressure at all. Lisa why I did the standing presses. And went incline. Less pressure. But next shoulder workout will be seated barbell press. Possibly in the smith machine.
Absolutely appreciate the feedback. Need to keep moving forward.
Seated corner presses (land mine press) are a favorite of mine too to keep stress off the lower joints l… also good if you have temperamental shoulders like me

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Bro I also gained about 25# of unwanted weight this year, right there with ya.. you got this

Seated corner presses (land mine press) are a favorite of mine too to keep stress off the lower joints l… also good if you have temperamental shoulders like me
Sucks man, The older I get the harder it is to come off. 56 now.

Will absolutely add those in. I seen a variation with a squat. May super set them.

Thanks. See if we can't drop this weight.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Yep, that rye bread or sourdough are much better on the digestion than your typical wheats. You could also do a wrap with some of the keto tortillas. Don't worry, they don't taste like keto bread. That cardboard bullshit sucks.

Honestly, I probably wouldn't do a barbell overhead press anymore without it being in the smith machine. At this point in our lives if you haven't built the foundation with the big compound movements, you are not going to start now. You would be better off sticking with dumbbells, Arnold's, machines and raises.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Yep, that rye bread or sourdough are much better on the digestion than your typical wheats. You could also do a wrap with some of the keto tortillas. Don't worry, they don't taste like keto bread. That cardboard bullshit sucks.

Honestly, I probably wouldn't do a barbell overhead press anymore without it being in the smith machine. At this point in our lives if you haven't built the foundation with the big compound movements, you are not going to start now. You would be better off sticking with dumbbells, Arnold's, machines and raises.
Cool. Gonna take your advice on the presses. What I was doing. And I enjoyed them. (Not literally) I made them hurt. Drop sets on the smith and plate raises.
I’d superset Smith Presses with plate raises and after 3 sets I’d hit the drop sets on the smith. Completely fried at that point.

Really was able to concentrate on the shoulders and not too much traps or too much lat engagement.

I’ll be shopping for the truck this weekend so I’ll grab some wraps. I’ll see about ordering some LaTortilla Factory wraps. Loaded with protein and taste good. @Alpineslide got me started on them years ago at Beyond Mass. can’t find them in the market anymore.

Still a bit of soreness in my left shoulder. Not a good sore. Woke me up last night. My sleep schedule sucks right now. Go to bed about 9. Fall asleep after 10. Up by 2. Stay up a few hours. Finally fall back to sleep around 4/5 and up at 7. Horrible. Hopefully the back to work routine helps. And in the truck I set the TV timer and just sleep to the rumble of the truck.

Opted for the mall today. Did my 1.5 miles so I didn’t just do nothing. Tomorrow for sure will be back and see how the legs move. Super light. Just go through the paces.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I started to work upper body about a month ago, 3 mo. after the bypass. I am so much more motivated now, probably because my heart is so much more efficient. So I really have to tone it down and give it more time on certain lifts like bench rows. My chest isn't healed enough to bear any weight like a bench pressing against it while pulling a weight. I've been told the chest is 80% healed at 3 mo. and 100% at 12 mo.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
I started to work upper body about a month ago, 3 mo. after the bypass. I am so much more motivated now, probably because my heart is so much more efficient. So I really have to tone it down and give it more time on certain lifts like bench rows. My chest isn't healed enough to bear any weight like a bench pressing against it while pulling a weight. I've been told the chest is 80% healed at 3 mo. and 100% at 12 mo.
Ya. When the chest gets cracked ya need to really be careful. Take that year seriously. And go easy.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Awesome you’re back in the gym @~R~F~G~ ! I bet you were sore as hell after that first shoulder workout lmao. Take it slow man. Don’t want to be hurting so bad that work is miserable. Lol. I have made that mistake so many times. It’s just hard to hold yourself back you know! I think next time I will start with full body and do like one exercise per body part and just get the soreness over with. Hit gym like eod for first two weeks. Something like that I’m thinking. Bit hopefully won’t need a break anytime soon. I do need to get my botched hernia surgery fixed. But I’m gonna wait till after I do my first comp. Glad to see everything going well for you! Keep it up! I will be fallowing!

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Awesome you’re back in the gym @~R~F~G~ ! I bet you were sore as hell after that first shoulder workout lmao. Take it slow man. Don’t want to be hurting so bad that work is miserable. Lol. I have made that mistake so many times. It’s just hard to hold yourself back you know! I think next time I will start with full body and do like one exercise per body part and just get the soreness over with. Hit gym like eod for first two weeks. Something like that I’m thinking. Bit hopefully won’t need a break anytime soon. I do need to get my botched hernia surgery fixed. But I’m gonna wait till after I do my first comp. Glad to see everything going well for you! Keep it up! I will be fallowing!
I think sore as hell fits perfectly. Lmao. Ya. I did a bit of damage. Lol.
Tomorrow will be slow and easy. Mainly because I forgot my ear buds in my pickup at the terminal. Have the Pete home now. So it’s going to be an abbreviated workout. But that’s likely a good thing after what I just did to myself. Ugh. Getting old sucks.
I think your total body eod is probably the smartest idea. I have to see what’s doin at work. So far Monday is a local run.

Good luck with that surgery man.

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I luv rye brea.....d.....i luv rye bread.....I luv rye bread

the hope is once in the swing.....should be oaky, what i tell myself anywyas, lol

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
So how’s it going brother? Gym? Work?
Back to work Monday. Just got home today. I'll be in the gym tomorrow. This week was a test in my diet. I did ok. Buit not where I need to be just yet. No junk all week, with the exception of this Energy Mixed fruit and nut mix. It reads ok but that first handful you know the Carb content is bullshit. My Dinners that were high fat were just boneless skinless thighs. 8oz. The meal with Carbs was 8oz chicken breast and a cup of white rice. My breakfasts were Cream of wheat with blueberries and honey and then (separately) 2 eggs, 2 sliced Canadian bacon 1/2 oz cheese on 1 slice of Rye. Lunch was 2 Tbsp PB again on Rye with fresh blueberries. Was really good. I have Jelly but that's a treat. So, I tried just dumping the blueberries on the PB and really enjoyed it. Fluids are strictly only Deer Park water. (Yes, it tastes better) lol. And of course, coffee. I use Heavy whipping cream in my coffee. Learned that from Iron Addict. Good fats. Love adding that to protein shakes. Noticed my watch was loose as is the belt. I'll need a new hole soon enough.

I got home from work and wanted a snack. Cheese Olives and a few crackers. Dinner was some burgers in the cast iron with bacon and sauteed onions. Cup of rice. No bun.

Unfortunately, the wife mad brownies. So I had one for desert.

Tomorrow I will do legs. Very light and not many sets I will likely add in some back. I am noting now that the hips are good. My knees. Not so good. But we will see. Sitting around for 4 months didn't help.

Thanks for checking in. Most appreciated.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
The fact you are conscience about what you are eating goes a long way.

Not saying you do this, but I laugh when I see people eating the trail mix and they tell me they barely had any. I ask them if they measure, they always say no, they just grabbed a handful. Then I show them a serving size and show them they ate 3-4 servings, which comes out to anywhere from 480-700 calories depending on the type. Haha.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic