Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Slow rollin. See how we do.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Back in the gym today. I’ll post my workout later. On my way to the gym now. I have not weight trained in about 6 months. 2 months leading up to the hip replacements I just could do it. So here we are. 7 weeks out from the second and 15 from the first. I’ve gained about 25 pounds of unwanted weight so I’ll need to spend some time on that. I go back to work in 4 days. Thats easier to maintain the diet. I meal prep and pack my truck fridge. Out 5 days max at a time.
HRT right now is 150mg a week Test C.

T

Trip

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
i am six months of lifting drought
i am finally going to jump on full time hrt this year

with u on habits thing

good luck, man

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
Go get it RFG! slow & steady...you know the drill bro! Great that you get back in the truck soon too. Know its been driving you bat-shit-crazy not being able to work.

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
Great to read... just pump the brakes as you need to...start small and build as you go.... you'll be back in no time

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Thanks guys. Felt really good. And definitely humbling at the same time. Left should has been an issue for years. Had the right rebuilt in 05.

Started with shoulders. It's been a lagging part for years and last year I really concentrated on bringing them up. So I went right back to it.

Lateral raises DB

10 x 12
15 x 12
20 x 12

Standing Shoulder press

30 x 12
35 x 12
40 x 12 That hurt a bit at the end. Not the good hurt. lol

Incline Bench BB Here's where I got humbled. But 6 months out so it is what it is. Don't know if I'll ever go back to repping 315. But, we'll see.

135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5 Usually that first five is rough and get the chest stretched out a bit. Not today. All 3 sets sucked. lol

Lat raises on a machine.

70 x 15
55 x 15
55 x 15

Cable cross over

25 x 15
25 x 15
25 x 15

And lastly some Tricept push downs.

90 x 12
90 x 12
90 x 12

To the treadmill.

1 mile @ 2.5 mph. Zero feedback from my hips. That's a bonus there.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Nice work brother! Push it, but don't push it too hard. I know you are also starting back up at work, but you need to make this a priority. One way to do that is keep up with the log and hold yourself accountable.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Nice work brother! Push it, but don't push it too hard. I know you are also starting back up at work, but you need to make this a priority. One way to do that is keep up with the log and hold yourself accountable.
Thanks GF.

Need to start reeling in the diet. Got used to enjoying the good stuff. Something I really need to do is employ my bands. I bought them when the plandemic hit and they're not cheap. I need to use them during the week while I am out on the road. I am looking forward to all my pre packaged meals. That I make, and measure. I'll fry up about 10 eggs and some Canadian bacon and was regular cheese. I'll be using Swiss now. Was with the wheats but I switched like you suggester to Rye. I know breads suck but sometimes I need to make the sandwich and roll. I now only use 1 slice 80 calories. So it's not that bad. Lunched are usually tuna salad and on the go but I think this time around I will be bringing more lettuce to use as a wrap, or high fiber wraps. Love my burgers. Summer I will grill 6 patties 85/15 or 93/7 or a blend of the 2 for some lunches. Dinners usually consist of chicken thighs or legs but now that I need to reign in my weight it will be boneless skinless and rice. Probably with some teriyaki sauce. Lightly covered not bathed in it. I may eat in a TruckStop 1 breakfast and 1 dinner all week as a break from the truck food. Basically, a treat. Summertime I do all my meal prep on the grill. So it's all good foods. Every other week I will bring 2 salmon meals. Sliced up London broil. Switch up the proteins. AL also have a Jet Boil in the truck, so I make fresh oats or Cream of wheat with fresh blueberries and keep oranges, apples and pears with me for snacks.

Bad snacks. Are always Kodiak high protein cookies or the like.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Sore AF this morning. I’m ok with that. It happens. But nothing hurts. Surprised my quads are sore. I’ve been walking. But apparently not as fast as I was on the treadmill.

I’ll be going back tomorrow to do some back and possibly some legs. But that you’ll see. If I squat. It will be bar squats to the bench. My doctor said don’t go heavy. Don’t go past parallel.
Looking forward to the meal prep Sunday and knowing what’s on the menu for the week.

I did good yesterday as far as junk calories. Could have used more. But at least they were mostly clean. Except for that half a block of cheese and a full bottle of wine.

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
Bro, that was a good first day back for you, especially considering wtf you had done. Might be humbling because of where you were but at the same time consider the reward of how much you were able to do. On the seated movement was there much pressure on your hips causing any pain? Proud of you brother.
When you get back in the truck you'll have to show Ozzy how its done when you meet up!

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Bro, that was a good first day back for you, especially considering wtf you had done. Might be humbling because of where you were but at the same time consider the reward of how much you were able to do. On the seated movement was there much pressure on your hips causing any pain? Proud of you brother.
When you get back in the truck you'll have to show Ozzy how its done when you meet up!
Thanks Brother. No pressure at all. Lisa why I did the standing presses. And went incline. Less pressure. But next shoulder workout will be seated barbell press. Possibly in the smith machine.
Absolutely appreciate the feedback. Need to keep moving forward.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Bro I also gained about 25# of unwanted weight this year, right there with ya.. you got this

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic