Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Slow rollin. See how we do.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Keep those reps high. I was listening to Dante talk about as guys get older the hypertrophy rep range should move from 8-12 to 12-16. I changed mine up and the joint pain has gone down considerably. It didn't take long for me to be able to lift the same amount of weight in the higher rep range either.

I know what you are talking about on the truck. I had a 2017 and 2018 Chevy. The 2017 lasted 15,000 miles before major issues and I traded it in. The transmission on the 2018 was downshifting hard from the start. Chevy said it was just breaking in. I was reading around the forums and a lot of people were having issues. I made it to 5,000 miles and said fuck this and traded it in for a Ram 2500.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Keep those reps high. I was listening to Dante talk about as guys get older the hypertrophy rep range should move from 8-12 to 12-16. I changed mine up and the joint pain has gone down considerably. It didn't take long for me to be able to lift the same amount of weight in the higher rep range either.

I know what you are talking about on the truck. I had a 2017 and 2018 Chevy. The 2017 lasted 15,000 miles before major issues and I traded it in. The transmission on the 2018 was downshifting hard from the start. Chevy said it was just breaking in. I was reading around the forums and a lot of people were having issues. I made it to 5,000 miles and said fuck this and traded it in for a Ram 2500.
Will absolutely up the rep range. Thanks for that. I feel good when I’m leaving. But I know there’s more I could have done. Adding reps may fix that.

Funny. I told my guy I want a Ram 2500 when I get not so upside down on this one. Bought it when truck prices were stupid. Which in itself was stupid. Had a beautiful Ram 1500 crew cab loaded and on 35s with just a leveling kit. Sat perfectly. But had 99k on it. Wife said get one with less miles. Not often she says go spend more money. So when she does. I do. Lol.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Well. My results are as expected. Like the log I’ve not kept up. It’s a definite sign that I’m not getting enough of what I need. Healthier food. More cardio.

Been no good reason. I can come up with a bunch but they’d all be bullshit. I’m be made it to the gym most every weekend like I do. That’s my days. I’m usually out M-F. But I’ll be local about 3 to 4 weeks. Which actually makes the diet more challenging. When I’m gone for a week. I precook all my meals. When I’m home more I get lazy.

I have about 3 weeks where I’ll be training new drivers. So I’ll be sure to make it a point to prep for daily work.

I’m getting solid. I feel that. But I’m not losing any BF. And that’s not the plan.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Back in the gym today. I’ll post my workout later. On my way to the gym now. I have not weight trained in about 6 months. 2 months leading up to the hip replacements I just could do it. So here we are. 7 weeks out from the second and 15 from the first. I’ve gained about 25 pounds of unwanted weight so I’ll need to spend some time on that. I go back to work in 4 days. Thats easier to maintain the diet. I meal prep and pack my truck fridge. Out 5 days max at a time.
HRT right now is 150mg a week Test C.
A really good machine for cardio and leg workout is the ARC machine. Puts very little stress on your joints and will work your lower body like a stepper.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Will absolutely up the rep range. Thanks for that. I feel good when I’m leaving. But I know there’s more I could have done. Adding reps may fix that.

Funny. I told my guy I want a Ram 2500 when I get not so upside down on this one. Bought it when truck prices were stupid. Which in itself was stupid. Had a beautiful Ram 1500 crew cab loaded and on 35s with just a leveling kit. Sat perfectly. But had 99k on it. Wife said get one with less miles. Not often she says go spend more money. So when she does. I do. Lol.
RAM 2500 w/ 6.4 Hemi ? That's what I want. Reg. cab, leveling kit, 35's, black rims, etc etc. I bought a RAM 1500, 2019 hold over 4/20. The only thing I hate about Dodge is the drive by wire is brutal. Hate it!!!

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
You know what you need to do brother, you have been at it longer than I have. Even if you didn't, discipline will get you 80% of the way there alone.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
Read some past posts. I’ve had my hip replaced few times
Advice I can give you
Depends on who did yours and what kind and then your hardware
Mine was done right finally by dr andrews
Same as Bo jackson

I have more probs with my other hip now
As in trying to keep up

rem also there is a life span limit on the bearing — like 10yrs for lifters or athletes that don’t change their life style

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Read some past posts. I’ve had my hip replaced few times
Advice I can give you
Depends on who did yours and what kind and then your hardware
Mine was done right finally by dr andrews
Same as Bo jackson

I have more probs with my other hip now
As in trying to keep up

rem also there is a life span limit on the bearing — like 10yrs for lifters or athletes that don’t change their life style
I’ve really slowing my mid lower workouts. And decreased the weights. My Doctor. (Cleveland Browns Ortho) went in the front. Healing time was stupid fast.
My bigger new issue is the heart now. Been out of the gym 2 weeks. Last week I went into A Fin on Tuesday. Usually last a few minutes to an hour. This went on for 4 days. So Friday I called the Cardiologist and they sent me to the ER. My Doctor was on vacation so the PA played it safe. I was fine with that. Labs all came back perfect. Was dehydrated. They said that would absolutely cause the AFib and keep me there. They gave me a bag of fluids and admitted me. As usual with my heart history and 3 heart attacks I know I’m staying the second I get there. The on call put me on Flecainide. When the wife read the sides she said she wasn’t happy with that. And sure enough. The fucked up side were there writhing hours. Stopped that and my Doctor came back from vacation. He added Eliquis and didn’t want me on the Flecainide anyway. Went in Friday for another heart monitor that I had just had on a month or so ago. But I fucked around and didn’t care if it fell off and mailed it in in 4 days. This time I’m doing what he wants. And making sure it’s on the 2 weeks. I don’t want him to disqualify my DOT card for non compliance. And I wouldn’t disagree if he did. So I’m playing by the rules on this. I’ll go to the gym next week for sure.
As far as my summer tren runs. They’re done. No more of anything but my low dose test.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Smart move brother. There is a point where tren is no longer in the cards (most should never even start). Test and maybe some GH will go a long, long way at this point in your life.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Smart move brother. There is a point where tren is no longer in the cards (most should never even start). Test and maybe some GH will go a long, long way at this point in your life.
Thanks GF. Time to slow down. Always hover 225 to 240. Time to drop that weight too. As I sit at the low cal sine just having had my Country Fried Steak and eggs. Lol.

My intake has been cut drastically and likely not the best. But I’m working on it. Breakfast has been slice of Ezekiel toast with Cream cheese. And 12oz of my Fairlife milk. That’s 14g protein per 8oz serving. Then a snack of Kodiak cookies. And an apple. Then a meat lunch. 8 to 10 ounces of beef or chicken with a yam or rice. Next snack is usually peanut butter and pretzels. Then dinner. Meat and potatoes or rice. Weather broke so a lot of it’s off the grill.

I’m not sure I’m in too much of a calorie deficit due to training. I sit in the truck of stand while they’re loading and unloading. When I get the trainee out of my day my activity will increase and I may see a change. But not working out isn’t helping.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Lately, the clients I have taken on who are trying to lose weight have been starving themselves, but their macros break down sucks. They look at me strange when I come up with their diet plan and I increase their calories by 500-1000 a day. However, I bring their carbs down and usually double or triple their protein. Each one started dropping weight/fat immediately.

I have had to tune some of their diets after a couple weeks due to the intensity of their every day activities like, farming, etc... to add in some carbs or fats, but most of the time if they get hungry I just tell them to drink a shake of hydrolyzed iso whey protein. I don't care if they have to drink 3-4 extra shakes a day. As long as it is a protein shake with almost no carbs or fats it doesn't impact their fat loss. Now, I wouldn't do this with a competitor, but for those trying to just get down to something like 12% BF it still works.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
I’ve really slowing my mid lower workouts. And decreased the weights. My Doctor. (Cleveland Browns Ortho) went in the front. Healing time was stupid fast.
My bigger new issue is the heart now. Been out of the gym 2 weeks. Last week I went into A Fin on Tuesday. Usually last a few minutes to an hour. This went on for 4 days. So Friday I called the Cardiologist and they sent me to the ER. My Doctor was on vacation so the PA played it safe. I was fine with that. Labs all came back perfect. Was dehydrated. They said that would absolutely cause the AFib and keep me there. They gave me a bag of fluids and admitted me. As usual with my heart history and 3 heart attacks I know I’m staying the second I get there. The on call put me on Flecainide. When the wife read the sides she said she wasn’t happy with that. And sure enough. The fucked up side were there writhing hours. Stopped that and my Doctor came back from vacation. He added Eliquis and didn’t want me on the Flecainide anyway. Went in Friday for another heart monitor that I had just had on a month or so ago. But I fucked around and didn’t care if it fell off and mailed it in in 4 days. This time I’m doing what he wants. And making sure it’s on the 2 weeks. I don’t want him to disqualify my DOT card for non compliance. And I wouldn’t disagree if he did. So I’m playing by the rules on this. I’ll go to the gym next week for sure.
As far as my summer tren runs. They’re done. No more of anything but my low dose test.
I know I need to drink more water. Was just talking to @beefnewton about this. I’ve been doing better with it but pretty sure I have been dehydrated for years which make my kidney bloodwork bad. Last labs my GFR was normal, I think mostly due to drinking more water. The guys on Think Big podcast say to drink 5-6 liters a day and that most people are way dehydrated. I’m lucky if I get 5 of those 16oz bottles down a day. But yeah, being dehydrated can cause all kinds of issues. They say if you’re thirsty you’re already dehydrated. Should never feel thirsty, which is hard when you work in the heat during summer. Glad your OK man!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic