Kiddorism
What's New?

Sleep Apnea

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I have the full mask, and don't mind it. however, I haven't really tried anything else. It's nice that there are a variety of different options.

I've had my CPAP machine for several years now and it's been good for me. My apnea wasn't real bad, but bad enough to notice a positive difference.

The constant pressure doesn't bother me at all. I was surprised at how easy it was to use, and get used to. I think you'll be happy with yours.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Thanks for the replies everyone. Does anyone have an issue with the constant pressure? During exhale? Was just told about B-PAP machines where there's less resistance. Is this advantageous? Or are B-PAP machines trying to correct something else? Still learning. Gonna have to find a sleep Apnea forum I guess...lol
You'll find exhaling the same as if it weren't on. No issues.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Where I run into issues is when I'm sick and congested. And the air can't push through all the damn mucus in my nose. That sucks because I cannot sleep without it now. If I fall asleep without it breathing through my mouth I wake up gasping for air in a semi panic attack course I can't breathe.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
A pleasant side affect for me is that if I am really congested the CPAP will open me up, or keep me open like if I use a Neti Pot first. Makes sleeping when sick easier for me too.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Been using a cpap for years.
Make sure you get a machine that records your sleep.
You do want to know how you are sleeping.

I use a full face mask. Resmed mirage quattro.
Tried different masks and types but I need a full face.
Took me 17 days of pure hell to get this to work for the first time.
Mostly due to wrong mask but it takes a while to adjust to the mask.
It makes a huge difference now. I bring my machine everywhere I go.
Its been to several countries.

best place for help that I found is cpaptalk.com
Great group of people that will help.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
The BiPap is harsher than Cpap because it prolongs the exhale to get more CO2 out of your blood stream. It's typically for COPD or Emphysema patients not Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
My machine gently ramps up the pressures as opposed to hitting you full force as soon as you turn it on.

Patriot1405

Patriot1405

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2011
The BiPap is harsher than Cpap because it prolongs the exhale to get more CO2 out of your blood stream. It's typically for COPD or Emphysema patients not Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)

I'm sure it's just a matter of getting used to it. I had a full face during the study, because I was too congested to just breathe through my nose. But I felt like I couldn't exhale fast enough before I needed to inhale. Might just be in my head as the nurse said I adjusted nicely once I fell asleep.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
My machine gently ramps up the pressures as opposed to hitting you full force as soon as you turn it on.

Mine has the same feature but I hated that so I turned it off.
I started at a pressure of 8 I think but that was way too low.
I think I am at 11 or 12 now.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic