Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Single Working Set

spinyvegeta

spinyvegeta

VIP Member
Dec 15, 2013
Im currently in the midst of a heavy cut. As my intake becomes less and my energy goes, I find it increasingly harder to get as much work in daily as I need to. Has anyone here had good success doing 1 working set to failure with moderate weight?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Like Dorian Yates kind of training?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Yeah, Dorian and Anthe Bailes does it too
I tried it years ago. Never really found it stimulated me enough for growth. Then again, I am not cut from the same cloth as Yates. Nor was I on the jewce. Nor was I very strong.

Might be worth trying. Option B would be to adjust your meals so you have more carbs - some of which as sugar prior to training. Throw in a pre workout with caffeine and some ephedrine and you should be able to keep going.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Have you thought about something like DC Training?

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Suck it up and chew 25mg Dbol an hour before the gym.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Everyone is basically referring to HIT type of training. Many lifters use(d) those techniques. It can still be a bit brutal on the system though, so you have to feel it out.

The most common technique are rest pauses, negatives and the use of pre-exhaustion. With these techniques, your total volume will decrease, so that your workouts can be done faster. However, again, be aware, they are still brutal on the system and you might still find that you just have to readjust your macros or increase calories.

What does your current diet look like and what are your stats? How many sets are you doing for each muscle group currently?

spinyvegeta

spinyvegeta

VIP Member
Dec 15, 2013
Have you thought about something like DC Training?
Not enough work. Im in the gym 6-7 days each week
Suck it up and chew 25mg Dbol an hour before the gym.
Shut up mike
Everyone is basically referring to HIT type of training. Many lifters use(d) those techniques. It can still be a bit brutal on the system though, so you have to feel it out.

The most common technique are rest pauses, negatives and the use of pre-exhaustion. With these techniques, your total volume will decrease, so that your workouts can be done faster. However, again, be aware, they are still brutal on the system and you might still find that you just have to readjust your macros or increase calories.

What does your current diet look like and what are your stats? How many sets are you doing for each muscle group currently?
Im at roughly 2000 cals right now
Stats are 6 foot 1 and 250 lbs
Macros as of yesterday are 50 carbs, 30 protein, 20 fats. Had to up the carbs for energy and the use of dnp. I work out at 4:30 am before work. I think my problem is just the lethargy from the dnp. Usually I do 10 to 16 lifts per body part with 3 sets

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ephedrine is great with dnp for lethargy sides. Also helps the dnp work better. Give that a try.

spinyvegeta

spinyvegeta

VIP Member
Dec 15, 2013
Can do. And I might try a good kratom dose preworkout as well

B

Beachbody

Oct 2, 2010
You can only take stimulants for so long before you have to stop and take some time off for R&R. There is a medical condition called "adrenal fatigue". All these stimulants stimulate the adrenal glands to produce the powerful hormone adrenalin. They can get overstimulated and slow down and atrophy.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
You can Modify the DC for 3/4/6/8 days cycles. Just take out your Rest Days and keep going. Only take rest days when you feel the need. Or just do the 4 Day Split then the off Days go in and get HIIT style cardio done.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic