Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Single Serve Protein

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I haven't bought protein powder in some time, do you have one you suggest @macgyver

@Lizard King the "best" protein you can get is 90% cold processed micro filtered whey isolate. There are lots of brands that sell it. It is almost all produced by Glanbia who is the the largest dairy whey producer in the US and the parent complany of ON.

Iso pure is one brand. But your bang for the buck can go 'whey' up....(pun intended).

Companies like NOW sell 10lbs for $100

https://www.amazon.com/Sports-Whey-...d=1546118568&sr=1-6&keywords=now+whey+isolate

You have to break it down to $/gram to understand if proteins are a value. NOW has 162 servings of 25g of protein....so 4050g protein in a bag. @ 100=.025/gram (25g servings costs you $.60)

For me, I buy various tubs of flavored ones just to mix some flavor in my bulk unflavored. I buy 20kg (44lb bags of 90%). Sound crazy but it works out to be super cheap!

This deal is CRAZY I have paid as much as $300/ bag but found this on amazon for $200 delivered. (for Glanbia 90%) The 'contains soy product' is just the lecithin instizer used in the processing of whey. This is pure 90% whey isolate.

18,000g (90% by weight) of protein for $200= $.01/ gram of protein for the best money can buy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BVJTOZK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

Here is my latest bag.
bASj6aS.jpg

If you look at flavored proteins this way, you will find that one good value is ON100%. When you notice they use less fillers and have 73 servings in a 5lb tub they are a decent value with a good protein blend if you want flavored ones.

As I said, I use about 1/2 scoop of flavored and 1 1/2 pure unflavored for shakes. But it is really whether you are looking for taste, or just meeting needs. When I travel, I just bring my unflavored and dont worry about if it is 'hitting the spot'.....I just want convenience with the smallest amount of stuff to bring with me.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Blender bottles are messy and leave a bad smell if not cleaned on a regular basis. I thought a highly paid executive could afford a few muscle milks....

Memo to: FD.

clean blender bottles on a regular basis.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
@Lizard King the "best" protein you can get is 90% cold processed micro filtered whey isolate. There are lots of brands that sell it. It is almost all produced by Glanbia who is the the largest dairy whey producer in the US and the parent complany of ON.

Iso pure is one brand. But your bang for the buck can go 'whey' up....(pun intended).

Companies like NOW sell 10lbs for $100

https://www.amazon.com/Sports-Whey-...d=1546118568&sr=1-6&keywords=now+whey+isolate

You have to break it down to $/gram to understand if proteins are a value. NOW has 162 servings of 25g of protein....so 4050g protein in a bag. @ 100=.025/gram (25g servings costs you $.60)

For me, I buy various tubs of flavored ones just to mix some flavor in my bulk unflavored. I buy 20kg (44lb bags of 90%). Sound crazy but it works out to be super cheap!

This deal is CRAZY I have paid as much as $300/ bag but found this on amazon for $200 delivered. (for Glanbia 90%) The 'contains soy product' is just the lecithin instizer used in the processing of whey. This is pure 90% whey isolate.

18,000g (90% by weight) of protein for $200= $.01/ gram of protein for the best money can buy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BVJTOZK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

Here is my latest bag.
bASj6aS.jpg

That sock needs some Clorox....

If you look at flavored proteins this way, you will find that one good value is ON100%. When you notice they use less fillers and have 73 servings in a 5lb tub they are a decent value with a good protein blend if you want flavored ones.

As I said, I use about 1/2 scoop of flavored and 1 1/2 pure unflavored for shakes. But it is really whether you are looking for taste, or just meeting needs. When I travel, I just bring my unflavored and dont worry about if it is 'hitting the spot'.....I just want convenience with the smallest amount of stuff to bring with me.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
That sock needs some Clorox ^^^^^^^

Spongy

Spongy

Mar 18, 2012
myprotein.com. Check out the labdoor ratings. I use them or AtLargeNutrition but ALN is out of their protein powder for some reason.

Just got an 11lb bag of salted caramel whey isolate from myprotein. I've got some sort of "30% off all first time orders over $30" or something somewhere if you want it.

B

BigWill

Dec 30, 2018
I use premiere protein 30g liquid when on the run or middle of the night. I'm too lazy to figure out how to use my usual hydrolyzed whey isolate (best protein you can take for mps) outside of the kitchen so the milk isolate is my compromise.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
myprotein.com. Check out the labdoor ratings. I use them or AtLargeNutrition but ALN is out of their protein powder for some reason.

Just got an 11lb bag of salted caramel whey isolate from myprotein. I've got some sort of "30% off all first time orders over $30" or something somewhere if you want it.
LK likes couponing and snugglz

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic