Kiddorism
What's New?

Single Serve Protein

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Looking for something that comes in single serve that I can throw in my work bag when on the run. Was looking at some egg protein powder, what is everyone's thoughts or suggestions? Need to stop eating crappy breakfasts either in an airport or on the run.

Ziegler

Ziegler

Sep 9, 2015
Looking for something that comes in single serve that I can throw in my work bag when on the run. Was looking at some egg protein powder, what is everyone's thoughts or suggestions? Need to stop eating crappy breakfasts either in an airport or on the run.

those will cost a fortune whip up something at home and throw it in one of these

says it keeps it hot all day but works for cold too and its gotta be this exact model the other sizes dont work for shit

https://www.target.com/p/stanley-ad...MIju24-7XE3wIVCzppCh1Ojw0PEAQYDiABEgJr-fD_BwE

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
LK ..... guess your OP about maybe using an egg protein powder factors in that you will have a shaker bottle, and a ready source of water .... or milk .... or juice?
If so, does it have to be single serve? What about a 5lb cannister of whatever powder you choose, transfer that day's number of servings into a smaller tupperware/rubbermaid type container, bring the scoop with you, and leave the cannister at home?
Best shaker bottle I've found is the Blender Bottle with the metal whisk, comes in various sizes, does not leave clumps in what you drink, ol' Iron Core turned me on to that several yrs ago.
One protein powder I use tastes "ok," but not the best. ON's Oats and Whey = about 24g carbs, 24g whey, a bit of everything. Oats are ground up finer than anything I can do, still leave a slight grainy texture to the drink, but acceptable.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Core drink, muscle milk? Most airports sell one or the other.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I travel with a small container of whey. Usually an empty preworkout tub. Something that can hold 6-8 scoops of whey. I also bring peanut butter.

It is not hard to find milk anywhere but can use water in a pinch.

What makes it easy is a shaker cup that holds 2 scoops of dry powder in bottom of cup in separate holder. I think it is called smart shaker. Makes it easy to put whey in bottom and make my way down to grab milk either from breakfast area or even coffee bar.

Oats and whey from on is a great choice if you want the carbs. Really good. Since I generally am eating lower carb (or trying to save room for a bigger dinner) I just go for pro/fat in the morning lunch time, and leave room to eat more eating out later.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
So no issues going through security with an unlabeled ziplock full of white powder I assume :) Not that I look like a terrorist or anything but that was my concern. I can make a bunch of servings in ziplock snack bags, no biggie.

I've seen the blender bottle that holds portions as well, but would just rather go with the regular. And yes, airports sell muscle milk etc but I don't want to pay with aggressive ass fisting, super expensive.

And was looking dried egg white protein due to carbs, not sure how it tastes though.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Blender bottles are messy and leave a bad smell if not cleaned on a regular basis. I thought a highly paid executive could afford a few muscle milks....

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
So no issues going through security with an unlabeled ziplock full of white powder I assume :) Not that I look like a terrorist or anything but that was my concern. I can make a bunch of servings in ziplock snack bags, no biggie.

I've seen the blender bottle that holds portions as well, but would just rather go with the regular. And yes, airports sell muscle milk etc but I don't want to pay with aggressive ass fisting, super expensive.

And was looking dried egg white protein due to carbs, not sure how it tastes though.

Egg white protein is very bland. If you buy unflavored whey isolate, it has a dairy like taste but very mild. It has zero carbs. And with no fillers, you can mix 2 scoops in 8 oz of milk no problem. You can add flavors of your liking.

You can even mix the whey isolate with water and use orange crush flavor liquid. Tastes pretty good!

Sometimes I mix the whey with a little milk first and the add coffee and flavored creamers. (Have to mix whey first with something before adding hot coffee or it will clump). Even better, I make and iced coffee in a shaker. If don't want carbs, can skip milk and the whey will be cream like. Add a few flavored creamers to get sweetness or just Splenda.

Easy go to 50 grams of protein .

Add whatever fats you desire like pb and you have a good protein/fat meal.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Blender bottles are messy and leave a bad smell if not cleaned on a regular basis. I thought a highly paid executive could afford a few muscle milks....
Can wash it when I get to the hotel or the office or just toss them. New blender bottle costs about as much as a Muscle Milk in the airport. Mic Drop...

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I haven't bought protein powder in some time, do you have one you suggest @macgyver

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Trueprotein has single serve packs with about twenty flavors

Edit; I no longer endorse or recommend true protein/truenutrition. Their customer service has been crappy for awhile but has sunk to an all time low and I am no longer a customer.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic