Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Single ply Gear

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
I'm going to work on single ply gear for 2016.

I got a Bench Shirt in today, but I think it's too Small... I know they are freakin tight to start with.

APT APEX Shirt is what I got.
When I measured the first time. I was on my Days off and Days since I hit Chest or arms. I measured 39.5 around my nipple line. They say round up to the next even number and add 2. So I went with a 42.

I measured just now (16hrs last Chest workout from last night).

I measured 40.75.. So round up to 42 and add 2... Size 44

My Question is. Should I go with a 44 or a 46? I'm wondering if 46 would be the better choice. Since after warming up to heavy weights before the Shirt even goes on. The blood flow and pump would be to much for a 44?????

Need some pointers and getting the right size from guys who have trained with Bench Shirts....

B

biggerthanyou

Dec 10, 2015
I would go bigger. Is the chest plate tight though?

B

biggerthanyou

Dec 10, 2015
More wieght then ;) .. i always do board work to break in my shirts...

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
More wieght then ;) .. i always do board work to break in my shirts...

I can't get it on. I can get the sleeves on if I swing them around while the wife hangs on them, but I can't get my head into the shirt. From what I have been reading the sleeves normally are not that tight. One review stated he could fit 2 fingers in it...(lol)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I can't get it on. I can get the sleeves on if I swing them around while the wife hangs on them, but I can't get my head into the shirt. From what I have been reading the sleeves normally are not that tight. One review stated he could fit 2 fingers in it...(lol)

In the words of my Ukrainian training partner: "Americans are pussies when it comes to gear"

To get it on put shopping bags over your arms and powder up. It takes time to get it on. Be patient and don't wear yourself out.

Break it in with board presses

Stick a football in the sleeves and inflate it.

Like BTY says - Moar weight

B

biggerthanyou

Dec 10, 2015
In the words of my Ukrainian training partner: "Americans are pussies when it comes to gear"

To get it on put shopping bags over your arms and powder up. It takes time to get it on. Be patient and don't wear yourself out.

Break it in with board presses

Stick a football in the sleeves and inflate it.

Like BTY says - Moar weight
BOOM!!! it's so true. My side chest at times tears apart from new shirts. Just forces me to get more angry at the weight

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Got to remember this is my First Shirt. I have used a DL and SQ suit before, but never a Bench Shirt. By just trying the sleeves on and trying to get my wife to pull it over my head.. 15-20min into it. I couldn't imagine trying to get any better was a Pump was set in during training before the shirt goes on.

B

biggerthanyou

Dec 10, 2015
Got to remember this is my First Shirt. I have used a DL and SQ suit before, but never a Bench Shirt. By just trying the sleeves on and trying to get my wife to pull it over my head.. 15-20min into it. I couldn't imagine trying to get any better was a Pump was set in during training before the shirt goes on.
if you have the extra cash buy the next size up . Try that. My only fear is with sizing its sometimes hit or miss. I have 3 bench shirts. A opener, next bench, and my last attempt. But plus or negative a pond or 2 and the shirt reacts different

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If you get another shirt and fed rules allow it get it split back

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic