Simple weight loss shake

Danewb

Danewb

Dec 20, 2011
•1.5 Cups Blueberries
•1.5 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
•1 TBSP Flaxseed Oil
•A Handful of Ice Cubes

Put it all in a blender, add 1-2 cups of water (less if you like a thicker shake), and blend until the ice is all crushed

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I much prefer the taste of mac nut oil when drinking oils.

Snachito

Snachito

Oct 8, 2010
I much prefer the taste of mac nut oil when drinking oils.

I concur!! One of the things I just heard (I don't know how true this is as the person that said this sells mac oil) is that Mac oil should be in a GLASS container NOT plastic.

A

alterntego

Apr 2, 2011
ya but that flax oil has so much going for it . i like it on alot of diff. things .

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
ya but that flax oil has so much going for it . i like it on alot of diff. things .

I gave up flax years ago. the profiles on olive, mac and fish oil are much better IMHO.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I concur!! One of the things I just heard (I don't know how true this is as the person that said this sells mac oil) is that Mac oil should be in a GLASS container NOT plastic.

Yes, for sure. i use 2 brands and both are in glass. its the only oil i can actually drink without gagging.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Flax is actually very poor in terms of absorption and bioavailability, you would be much better swapping that out for 1 tsp x organic virgin coconut oil to add to your shake.

What a lot of people don't understand is that as soon as you start introducing more healthy fats/EFA's into your diet, your body will start using these fats as a preferable energy source. If you did a cardio session after you have eaten a meal high in good fats (avocado, oily fish and eggs for example) then you will tap into these fats during training. Another bonus is that they are a slower burning, longer sustaining form of energy over the quicker acting carbs we often over-rely on.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
ya but that flax oil has so much going for it .
I stated that flax was a poor choice, so I'll go into a little more detail and explain why :D

When you start looking at what happens to flax in the body you'll notice that flaxseed has very poor EPA conversion of around 10% and ZERO conversion to DHA (DHA is an extremely important omega 3 fatty acid with benefits to the eyes, brain, heart and nervous system):

MetabolicChart.gif

Flax contains o
mega 6 which is pro-inflammatory, basically meaning that it increases the production of inflammatory chemicals known as eicosanoids, Also worth bearing in mind is that most people are significantly deficient in Omega 3's, and the ingestion of Omega 6 further reduces them. Just to make matters even worse, women tend to be more efficient at converting it than men are MF.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic