Members
Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

Side effects on DNP

G

goodyshatch

Dec 12, 2011
I was taking DNP for about a week straight taking 200mg a day. Then one after a week of use, my skin turned bright red (like a sun burn) and I was itchy all over and unusually hotter than the past week. I heard of the side effects, and I read to wait 7-10 days to start taking it again. I waited 9 days and on day 2 the skin tone turned bright red and the itching started right back up. I have to take benidryl about twice a day to stop the itching. Is DNP just not going to work for me? or can I take something while on DNP to control these side effects?

Note: i was taking it everyday and i drink almost 2 gallons of water a day

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I was taking DNP for about a week straight taking 200mg a day. Then one after a week of use, my skin turned bright red (like a sun burn) and I was itchy all over and unusually hotter than the past week. I heard of the side effects, and I read to wait 7-10 days to start taking it again. I waited 9 days and on day 2 the skin tone turned bright red and the itching started right back up. I have to take benidryl about twice a day to stop the itching. Is DNP just not going to work for me? or can I take something while on DNP to control these side effects?

Note: i was taking it everyday and i drink almost 2 gallons of water a day

Yeah that'll happen bro... Not all too uncommon. You can continue to take the DNP while you run the benadryl until it clears up. Funny though, the rash usually shows up fairly quickly. Usually within the first few days, maybe four. So keep up the benadryl. Obviously if it doesn't clear up rather quickly, discontinue using the DNP. If it does, you should be good to go as the rash may not appear in subsequent runs.

Keep us up to date with this.

G

goodyshatch

Dec 12, 2011
well the first rash didnt show up for a week, when i started 2 doses a day. Then I stopped. and returned on the cycle about 8 days later, and on the 2nd day i started back on the DNP it the rash got just as worst as it was before. Im not talking about just a little redness. my whole body looked sun burnt! Also the itching was mostly on my legs and arms.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
well the first rash didnt show up for a week, when i started 2 doses a day. Then I stopped. and returned on the cycle about 8 days later, and on the 2nd day i started back on the DNP it the rash got just as worst as it was before. Im not talking about just a little redness. my whole body looked sun burnt! Also the itching was mostly on my legs and arms.

that sounds a little worse than a couple other people I know that have had it. Give the benadryl a chance to work. Then re-evaluate in DNP is for you.

G

goodyshatch

Dec 12, 2011
so when the itching stops, should i wait a week to start back on it and take benidryl with it everyday? or should i do every other day? or can i start back as soon as it clears up?

Sorry for so many question but im having a hard time finding info on people that have a bad reaction to it.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
Reminds me I need to get some, winter is here :)

Every other day is pointless imo. And if you are having a reaction like that imo it is not worth taking it, your body is already rejecting it.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
so when the itching stops, should i wait a week to start back on it and take benidryl with it everyday? or should i do every other day? or can i start back as soon as it clears up?

Sorry for so many question but im having a hard time finding info on people that have a bad reaction to it.

Agree Ms.W^^^^

You don't NEED DNP so if its kickin you around bro, just give it up already.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic