Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Sick and tired

K

Kramer0609

May 7, 2018
I am your average hard gainer I’m 43 for christ sake and the metabolism of a
teenager. I eat my share of chicken, eggs and oatmeal, I work my ass of in the gym but I’m really getting sick and fucking tired of my co workers telling me how skinny I am ,fucking pisses me off. My biggest downfall would have to be lack of sleep I work up to 14 hours a day somedays only sleeping for a couple ( I work 3rd shift) hours. I really would like a good beginner cycle but the lack of availability makes that a pipe dream for now. I have done a prohormone cycle ( lg science) and now that they are banned I’m wondering if anyone knows of a good prohormone stack that might help me

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
No hormone is going to help you. Once you come off the hormone any muscle gain you made will mostly if not entirely disappear. Those things are garbage for the most part anyway.

Hard truth: you aren't a hard gainer and there is no such thing. Start looking at this from this perspective. You just aren't eating enough.

Also from your post you are trying to "eat clean." I used to do that and couldn't break 225. Use the 80/20 rule. 80% of your food should be good shit that a high performance athlete needs. Lean meats, quality unprocessed carbohydrates, fresh fruit and veg.

The other 20% should come from cake, burgers and fries etc...

Tell me about the quantities you are eating currently. How many grams of protein fat and carb daily?

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
POB is correct. All of us went through this same phase and complained about not gaining.

I used to get the Jennio turkey burgers that were 30 grams of protein each, then eat two cheese sticks on top of it. Either had two actual burgers at work spaced 2 hrs apart, or did Mac and cheese and the turkey burgers again 2 hrs apart. Then a protein shake and granola bars 3 hrs later. This is just at work.

I’d go through 2 gallons of 2% milk per week.

You’ll start putting weight on. Might take close to a year, but it take time to build quality.

Reactions: ceo
C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
No hormone is going to help you. Once you come off the hormone any muscle gain you made will mostly if not entirely disappear. Those things are garbage for the most part anyway.

Hard truth: you aren't a hard gainer and there is no such thing. Start looking at this from this perspective. You just aren't eating enough.

Also from your post you are trying to "eat clean." I used to do that and couldn't break 225. Use the 80/20 rule. 80% of your food should be good shit that a high performance athlete needs. Lean meats, quality unprocessed carbohydrates, fresh fruit and veg.

Tell me about the quantities you are eating currently. How many grams of protein fat and carb daily?

Oh man, I thought it was supposed to be 80% cake, burgers and fries etc., and 20% good shit that a high performance athlete needs!

Have I been doing it wrong all these years??

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
The biggest issue is you don't get enough sleep. You work 14hours a day which leaves you with just 10 hours to accomplish everything you want. Only getting a couple of hours sleep won't cut it... plain and simple. And like what has also been said you're not eating enough. You work 14hour shifts so I'm going to assume you can afford to sub in beef in place of chicken. Put in potatoes in place of oatmeal. Become friends with butter, actual butter and drink milk (if you can tolerate it). It's difficult for some to digest but if that's the case start with small amounts like 6ounces and get grass fed milk instead of cheap shit that may help you too. Remember it's not just how much you put in but the quality of what you're putting in. There's a reason why so many people are becoming sick these days... >50% of the US antibiotics are used in livestock, not us.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Good advice above. Make sure your eating calorie dense food. Add nuts, throw peanut butter into your meals, lots of milk, steaks, etc. It takes time, but if you remain dedicated and consistent, you can do it.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
Most skinny guys think they eat enough however the reality is they wouldn't be skinny if they did. Food is the most anabolic thing you can put in your body....not gear.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
another thing to consider is to make your workouts as basic as possible, ie squats, deads, and bench. plus some ancillary like militaries, bb curls, nose breakers, calf raise, leg curls, pull ups, bb and or db rows, shrugs. i would do;
mon - squat 8-12 reps, calf raise vary reps, leg curl 12-15 reps
wend - bench 6-10 reps, military 8-10 reps, nose breakers 8-12 reps
fri - deads 6-10 reps, pull downs 8-12 reps, bb or db rows 6-10 reps, shrugs 6-8 reps, bb curls 8-12 reps
this is just a recommendation that I think will help you grow.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
another thing to consider is to make your workouts as basic as possible, ie squats, deads, and bench. plus some ancillary like militaries, bb curls, nose breakers, calf raise, leg curls, pull ups, bb and or db rows, shrugs. i would do;
mon - squat 8-12 reps, calf raise vary reps, leg curl 12-15 reps
wend - bench 6-10 reps, military 8-10 reps, nose breakers 8-12 reps
fri - deads 6-10 reps, pull downs 8-12 reps, bb or db rows 6-10 reps, shrugs 6-8 reps, bb curls 8-12 reps
this is just a recommendation that I think will help you grow.

Great point. When I stopped training 6 days per week and trained 3 days but much heavier doing all compound work my body changed dramatically.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Everything said in this reply I found out first hand for myself. Beef in place of chicken, (sweet) potatoes, butter, WHOLE EGGS, and a LOT of milk helped me when I thought I needed steroids to make gains. And like POB said, I eat shit like cookies, ice cream, pizza, fast food (in moderation) and still maintain 12-14% bodyfat. I don't necessarily consider myself a HARDgainer, but more like a LEAN gainer. Learn to manipulate your diet and you can use that metabolism to your advantage. Take everything said here and play around with your calories. Add more gradually and you will grow. I personally need a minimum of 4k calories ED to get past 225lbs. Anything less and I'm just maintaining (or losing).
Also, if you're not getting enough rest then I would recommend sticking with short, heavy, compound workouts and limit it to 3 days a week. I too work overnights and I've found that I make better gains with an hour of intense training 3 days a week than I did with high volume, bodypart splits 4-5x a week.
You build muscle when you're resting (recovering), not in the gym...
Take that money you're spending on prohormones and spend it on food instead.

The biggest issue is you don't get enough sleep. You work 14hours a day which leaves you with just 10 hours to accomplish everything you want. Only getting a couple of hours sleep won't cut it... plain and simple. And like what has also been said you're not eating enough. You work 14hour shifts so I'm going to assume you can afford to sub in beef in place of chicken. Put in potatoes in place of oatmeal. Become friends with butter, actual butter and drink milk (if you can tolerate it). It's difficult for some to digest but if that's the case start with small amounts like 6ounces and get grass fed milk instead of cheap shit that may help you too. Remember it's not just how much you put in but the quality of what you're putting in. There's a reason why so many people are becoming sick these days... >50% of the US antibiotics are used in livestock, not us.

Last edited:
K

Kramer0609

May 7, 2018

Thanks for the info sorry it took forever to respond I’m trying that currenty

K

Kramer0609

May 7, 2018
POB is correct. All of us went through this same phase and complained about not gaining.

I used to get the Jennio turkey burgers that were 30 grams of protein each, then eat two cheese sticks on top of it. Either had two actual burgers at work spaced 2 hrs apart, or did Mac and cheese and the turkey burgers again 2 hrs apart. Then a protein shake and granola bars 3 hrs later. This is just at work.

I’d go through 2 gallons of 2% milk per week.

You’ll start putting weight on. Might take close to a year, but it take time to build quality.
Thank you for the advice brotha

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic