pbtom
What's New?

Show Prep WPD (2021)

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Whelp. I'm at it again. Bodybuilding show this year, 2021. Started prep in June.
Women's Physique again (this will be my second show).
Show date: 10/16/21.
Will use this journal to record progress, etc. Pics will come eventually when i'm comfortable enough to share. Still peeling back some layers so we can show some muscle.
For this prep, i am using both a coach and personal trainer (they happen to be one in the same for this prep). Then will be using a posing coach as well.

2021 Body Weight:
6/4: 178#
6/11: 171#
6/27: 170#
7/8: 168# (meal plan adjusted 7/5; increased cardio by 10 mins)
7/16: 165#
7/23: 162#

As of 7/23/2021:
Workouts:
2 leg days; 2 rest days; 3 days (either push/pull)
One week will do 2 pulls and 1 push; the other week will do 2 pushes and 1 pull.
2 days/week i am with a personal trainer.

Cardio:
40 mins @ 5 days/week

Nutrition:
5 meals/ day.
3 meals lean protein and veggies. 2 meals fatty protein and veggies. On leg days, get fibrous and starch carbs with one meal. On push/pull days get starch carbs (white rice) with one meal. On rest days, get fibrous carb (black beans).
On workout days: protein shake post meal and a fruit carb (banana as of late).
(I did the macro break down, will post as a follow up.)
Water: 1.5 gallons/day. (i've also incorporated about everday/every other day one of the small bottles of powerade zero).
Lately, my proteins have been:
Lean protein: smoked chicken breast
Fatty protein: smoked chicken thighs; or smoked 93% fat free ground beef
Veggies as of late: Roasted fresh green beans; Roasted onions with peppers mix; Roasted onions with mushrooms and zucchini mix.

Happy Lifting Y'all!

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Awesome!

Do you have a weight goal to reach or going by the mirror?

I'm sure you'll do well.

Hope to see pics when the time comes as well ;- )

Good luck!

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Whelp. I'm at it again. Bodybuilding show this year, 2021. Started prep in June.
Will use this journal to record progress, etc. Pics will come eventually when i'm comfortable enough to share. Still peeling back some layers so we can show some muscle.
For this prep, i am using both a coach and personal trainer (they happen to be one in the same for this prep). Then will be using a posing coach as well.

2021 Body Weight:

As of 7/23/2021:
Workouts:
One week will do 2 pulls and 1 push; the other week will do 2 pushes and 1 pull.

Cardio:
40 mins @ 5 days/week

Nutrition:
5 meals/ day.
3 meals lean protein and veggies. 2 meals fatty protein and veggies. On leg days, get fibrous and starch carbs with one meal. On push/pull days get starch carbs (white rice) with one meal. On rest days, get fibrous carb (black beans).
Water: 1.5 gallons/day. (i've also incorporated about everday/every other day one of the small bottles of powerade zero).
Veggies as of late: Roasted fresh green beans; Roasted onions with peppers mix; Roasted onions with mushrooms and zucchini mix.

Happy Lifting Y'all!

Great job so far. I am happy to see a posting about real diets that real competitive athletes do. How many weeks out are you?

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@midevil I personally do not, but at last show, my stage weight morning of show was 132. So most likely somewhere around there. Coach has let me know his # yet lol, he probably thinks it will mess with my mind and he's right LOL.

@Bigtex As of today, we are 12 weeks out. On one hand, lots of time for lots of changes; On the other hand, damn we don't have much time and we have a lot to do LOL. My mind is already racing LOL, but I trust my coach and trust the process.

OH yea, i was gonna post the macro's. It's meal prep day so busy in the kitchen : )

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Thank Bova and the best of luck to you! Yea, 12 weeks goes by fast. I do like this physique division. Its where women's bodybuilding should have been kept. Keep us posted!

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
8/6/21 Update: Still no pics, sorry! Coming soon though promise.

Weight: 163#
Was 162 last week. Dang, i was hoping to break 160 by now. Oh well, maybe next week.

This week started the fun : )
(var, etc)
So hence the weight gain probably (i think its water).

Feeling pretty good, but tired all the time LOL.

This week, cardio went up to 7 days/week @ 40 mins.
Intensity with personal trainer has gone up too LOL.
No change with weights, still doing legs, push and pull days.
Nutrition changed just slightly, swapped a fatty protein with a lean protein on one meal of the day.

Stress: Well, work is stressing me the f out, so there's that LOL (could be contributing to weight; really trying to control the stress); then there's family bullshit LOL. All your typical life shit, nothing out of the ordinary. OH and the family is putting Grandma into an assisted living place. It has yet to happen, but soon. OH and hubs and I are looking for a new house so there's that too LOL.

Anywho....back to topic.....hoping i can workout with my hubs this weekend : ) We don't get to work out together because of our crazy schedules. So when we do, i just love it : )

Happy Lifting Y'all

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Update. Sittin at 160#.
Just puttin in the work and eating all the foods.
Last week coach dropped more carbs. So the ones i get now i am enjoying.

adf4d03eada9291975c8ed2443f51c91.jpg

liswright_32

liswright_32

TID Lady Member
Sep 28, 2021

2021 Body Weight:

As of 7/23/2021:
Workouts:

Cardio:
40 mins @ 5 days/week

Nutrition:
5 meals/ day.

Happy Lifting Y'all!

You look great! I have a question about aas. I just took my first cycle of var not long ago.. I honestly got great results. I overdid it a little because quite frankly, it was addicting (the pump, strength, etc). I gained a good solid 15 pounds of muscle. No lie. My question is about EQ. I really don’t want my facial to change. It has a little (more chiseled) and I have noticed a change in my voice hear and there.. Idk if it’s a good idea to keep cycling.. I didn’t hit my goals yet really. I would love to compete in the physique level. So how much EQ is a good amount and how often? Should I use a small dose of var with it? Or run it by itself? Thank you in advance for your reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Where is the show? Have a few others doing a show about the same time. Curious if it’s the same one

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
You look great! I have a question about aas. I just took my first cycle of var not long ago.. I honestly got great results. I overdid it a little because quite frankly, it was addicting (the pump, strength, etc). I gained a good solid 15 pounds of muscle. No lie. My question is about EQ. I really don’t want my facial to change. It has a little (more chiseled) and I have noticed a change in my voice hear and there.. Idk if it’s a good idea to keep cycling.. I didn’t hit my goals yet really. I would love to compete in the physique level. So how much EQ is a good amount and how often? Should I use a small dose of var with it? Or run it by itself? Thank you in advance for your reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there @liswright_32 thank you for your response. I have had one experience with EQ and i went low on the dose, i think i was doing about 100mg/week split into 2 doses. I think that was the one i split into 2 doses, heck now i cannot remember LOL.
While i cannot speak to what you should/should not do because i don't know your background/height/weight/diet and workout regimin. Those are all considered into what you are doing as well.
Yes, you can run var with EQ. Great combo.
If you see any sides, just stop.

Let me know if any questions.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic