Rolanalon
What's New?

show prep/water retention/oils

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
OK guys,

I'm very open about what I do with my competitors and what I do is atypical of what most gurus think. I've com across this question of when do you pull oils out of prep so there's no water retention and quite honestly I don't and never intend on doing so. That's scares people away. I've searched and can't find a single lick of evidence or theory on why you will retain water with the oil from steroids. Oil is water fearing. It is not at any point attracting water. Some steroid cause water retention which I have complete control of eliminating with letrozole with the exception being dbol (its the one I still see retention with, and its not with oil). Yet I constantly hear these gurus saying I pull oils 5 weeks out, or one suspension...... Guys can you provide me with any evidence that this is true and/or a theory. Because I have no reason to run tren ace or Enth, or test suspension over Cyp. But let's talk about it.

I got Bostin Lloyd telling a friend to pull oils 5 weeks out here (which in real life he's not as Douchy as his videos make him) and other gurus saying only suspension. Let's discuss

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'm interested to hear the responses here. I've heard all the bro science that the long ester test cause greater water retention, but I'm not sure that's why people do it. Test E does not elevate estrogen greater than test prop, as far as I know.

I think one advantage of suspension is that it exits your system fast so if you're reacting to it in a negative way for any reason, you can pull it, and not have an issue that final week.

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
^^^agreed. But I'm getting its oils....I'd love to dismantle myths of bbing. If you are on strong anti e's, the long esters can't matter. Because you are constantly blocking estrogen. I'm speaking of contest prep. So the competitors should know how they react to sides by now. And speaking of tren, who gets water retention from tren!!! I have peeps run injectables right up to the show and don't see water retention. But I'd love to hear the theory.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I've run Cyp straight thru shows with Mast E and been shredded. I've also pulled everything but orals (Proviron & Halo) and been flat. I doubt there's any scientific proof that oils cause any significant water retention versus TNE.

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
^^^agree....just want someone who does these protocols to chime in

bodysculptingclub

bodysculptingclub

Feb 14, 2015
Can't wait to read these responses.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424021203962.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424021203962.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 317
gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
For me I always cut my long acting test out 4 plus weeks. In fact once that long acting test is out cyp or enth.
I'm done with all test at that point. It is never about the oil. It's about having elevated test levels in my system just means my estrogen will be following that test and too be elevated. IMO causing higher estrogen then I want. I fear it impedes some body fat burning plus it attracts water.

Do I run antiE hell yes I do plus proviron all through prep. When the test is out I have gone to masteron/winny EOD. One day mast (in oil) next day 1ml winny (in water). I'll run this for a long ass time. Because my first might be 4 weeks after this starts. Then the last show might still be 8 weeks after that first show.

In my early days my conditioning was only a little less sharpe. I don't blame the oils I blame lack of knowledge. I would run Eq and winny zambons EOD kinda like the winny/ masteron above. Always with proviron and antiE.

I'm one that does not believe OIL has any positive or negative result come show day. It's the drug in the oil or water that plays a part. Lastly I have said it before. If we manage our water in our system along the way we never struggle in the end getting dry. When you HOPE that all the changes and diuretics at the very end are the answer is just too much of a gamble for me. We all don't agree on this point and that is ok. I speak only about me. I like getting up any random morning very dry. Then drink 2.5 gallon a day get all my meals in. Then wake up just 2 pounds lighter then when I go to bed. I call that a very static body. I call that managing my water and staying dry. It helps me in the mental game in this sport.

Not sure this is any kind of answer to the thread starter. I do know many guys that seem to think they can run 500 to 1000 mg of test up to a show. They are also very good with diuretic. I'm just not that guy.

Best of luck to you and your friend.
Gc

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Thanks or for the feedback. I agree with it being the compound not the oil. But I pull out test and I get a flat, less full look. I never cut test out. If its a hormone issue, that's why I use letrozole. I know everyone reacts a bit different.

GC, do you think you conditioning change could have anything to have done with less knowledge in your past on controlling estrogen or just conditioning in general from your past? I typically see unconditioned competitors say water, water water. But if you are chizzled, I never see water.

Akhusker

Akhusker

Dec 25, 2014
I read an article by Dorian Yates that talked about dropping water retaining oils like test but continuing on tren, primo, etc.. all through the day of show

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
If I posted my very first show pics most would think my condition was damn good. I placed 3rd out of 22 guys that day. What I was talking about was controlling the water and running my diets longer to dig into that deep seated body fat that takes longer to burn off. If anything I did not drink enough water back in the early days. I rarely drank a gallon a day. I also did not have any test in my system at my first show. Shit I only had 1- 200ml/10ml bottle of deca that I ran for 12 weeks. some antiE and Proviron was my first show cycle. Guys laugh. We have to remember it was my first contest. I trained in my basement. I was 165# at that show. That was over 15 years ago. My body was a virgin to aas.
I'll see if I can share a pic. Kinda taught me that day More is Less.

Thanks or for the feedback. I agree with it being the compound not the oil. But I pull out test and I get a flat, less full look. I never cut test out. If its a hormone issue, that's why I use letrozole. I know everyone reacts a bit different.

GC, do you think you conditioning change could have anything to have done with less knowledge in your past on controlling estrogen or just conditioning in general from your past? I typically see unconditioned competitors say water, water water. But if you are chizzled, I never see water.

S

sabagoy

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2011
I will cut oils Tuesday or Wednesday before a Saturday show and keep orals in until Friday night.

For me its not as much of a fear of retaining water from the substance but the actual injection itself. Often times you will have some inflammation post shot that blurred some striations and detail or heaven for bid a nasty show that leaves a lump only a few days out from a show that is very obvious when you are fully dialed in and dry.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic