Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Shoulder surgery BPC157/TB500 log

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
two month appointment with the surgeon tomorrow. I hope he tells me I've come far enough to ditch the sling...

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
well.... the appointment didn't give me what I wanted. I guess I've just got to sit back and let this thing run its course. was told that because of the severity of the tears, if I mess this up, the only recourse will be a shoulder (rotator) replacement...

PT is still about the therapist moving the arm/joint same stuff we been doing for weeks; I'm starting to look fondly at those pink bad boys thinking at least then I could feel like I was lifting something. I did get clearance to use leg machines that don't lay on the shoulder, and to do some matt work to fight this softness growing in my middle.

BP has been good, heart rate good,... maybe I just need a little tren

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
Pretty sure you're joking, but adding Tren may lead you to doing something stupid. You can always be stupid later, why rush it?

Biggest obstacle to healing may be patients' impatience.
yaaaa.... I was kidding... last thing I need is thinking I need to see how strong I am... but thanks for caring!!!

and you begged me perfectly with the patience statement

T

Therealkiller

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2019
If you are having trouble sleeping with the sling on, try sleeping on a big 45 degree foam wedge. It will make a world of difference.

Take it slow brother and good luck!

T

Therealkiller

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2019
Oh, if you go with the edge, make sure to put pillows under your knees to alleviate low back pain.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Not sure how this is gonna look but thought others might get something out of it

surgery tomorrow to repair 3 rotator tears, trim the bursa, fix long head bicep tendon tear and a labrum tear using bone anchors and collagen patches ..

height 5'10
weight 218
BF est 18 %
age 59

haven't been as active since the injury weight is up about 6 #

Current HR 82 BPM
BP 124/78

Using 350 mcg per day
TB 500 starting at 10 mg divided into 3 pokes a week

as always ideas, thoughts, "what are you crazy? s are all welcome
Damn brother you had sorts of things going on in there, glad to hear it sounds like you’re coming along nicely. Be sure when you get the ok to start using it in everyday activities make sure you use it and that you don’t baby it too much. I was overly cautious and my right side atrophied more than it probably should have and it took me a long time to get good range of motion back.

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
Damn brother you had sorts of things going on in there, glad to hear it sounds like you’re coming along nicely. Be sure when you get the ok to start using it in everyday activities make sure you use it and that you don’t baby it too much. I was overly cautious and my right side atrophied more than it probably should have and it took me a long time to get good range of motion back.
funny you mention that... my PT at our last session said something near to your comment. For me the hard part will be feeling good and getting stupid...lol

Willis52

Willis52

VIP Member
Dec 15, 2022
Great thread A1. You know what I have went through so when i say pump the brakes on lifting, that means throw the damn e-brake. like me, you screw this up and its going to be far worse the next time. TBH I don't have a next time so what happens i live with the rest of my life. Never take for granted you have another shot at this ( Rotator replacement) Do it right and be done with it this time. In the timeline of your life this is a blip on the radar, act accordingly. Pump those brakes, then pump then again.

Willis52

Willis52

VIP Member
Dec 15, 2022
I agree with this but always remember just because you can, doesn't mean you should. I spent a year prepping to actually lift. I was lifting but not lifting, I think we all know what that means. TONS of band work. weights with bands, chains with bands, contraptions I made with my 3-d printer, it was all about stimulating rather "lifting".

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
funny you mention that... my PT at our last session said something near to your comment. For me the hard part will be feeling good and getting stupid...lol
Yeah there’s definitely that fine line of under usage and over usage when you start feeling better.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic