A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
Passed a mile stone

BP 128 / 78 not a double pin day
78 BPM
weight, down to 216

Got cleared last week to use the stair master but no running or elliptical yet, still in the sling (but not the brace) so I won't be tempted to use it.... fingers crossed 3 more weeks in the sling. I think that's the difference in the weight. knew id need to pull back on the diet because I was so sedentary.

The PT again made a big fuss over how fast and well the incisions were healing up. The knee did pretty well but hadn't used this little combo for that so I'm thinking I'm getting a little something from the pins.

Today was a landmark day in terms of measuring ROM in several positions and movements. Remember to this point I have been relegated to a few exercises that mostly dangle the arm at the shoulder. There are scapular contractions and a bunch of positional squeezes with a ball at both straight arm and 90-degree bend at the elbow. Some curling type motions with the wrist supinated or pronated, none of these involve any weight as yet. But, she manipulated the joint and arm in 492 degrees in abduction9 specific motions, I exceeded the values they were looking for in all 4. is this the TB/BPC at work??? who knows... but I like it.

I had 120 degrees of forward flexion, was looking for 100
I had 45 degrees of external rotation was looking for 30
I had 40 degrees of internal rotation was looking for 30
I had 92 degrees in abduction was looking for 86

Hoping that I get cleared to move something other than just the arm soon.... She keeps pointing to those damn pink dumbbells with an evil smile on her face......I will miss the shoulder massages though.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . .
Hoping that I get cleared to move something other than just the arm soon.... She keeps pointing to those damn pink dumbbells with an evil smile on her face......I will miss the shoulder massages though.
That PT sounds like a keeper, for now or any future misadventures you have that we older fucks seem to seek and hope to destroy. Was amazed earlier by the immediate I+D she did that might have offended any MD who was bothering to monitor case reports.

Be wary of that evil smile ...you may be the first patient who's given her so much job satisfaction .....
;)

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
I had almost the identical surgery about 7 months ago. Those stupid pink weights are embarrassing especially when they act all proud of you lol. Just do what they say and dont push it. It's a journey. Wish you the best.

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
I had almost the identical surgery about 7 months ago. Those stupid pink weights are embarrassing especially when they act all proud of you lol. Just do what they say and dont push it. It's a journey. Wish you the best.
I'll try, just chomping at the bit... Thank you though!!

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
Having over 28 orthopedic surgeries I can tell the best thing you could do it run hgh....

jawbreaker24

jawbreaker24

Apr 23, 2022
Damn 28!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
man... 28... holy furk.... can you even lift??? lol

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
I have rods in both Tibias, each shoulder done twice, elbow was mangeled, rod in femur, 4 knee surgeries, both ankle shattered. I like to go fast on two wheels and have raced Moto X, and Speedway all my life. Most of the damage is from street bike meets car. That damaged car pic is what I did to it on a Ducati Panagale at about 65... turned right out in front of me at the last second...
Leg2.jpg
Hand.JPG
Leg1.jpg
ankle.JPG
car.JPG

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
Ouch..... Warhead... you win.... that's horrific

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic