Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Shoulder MRI

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Good luck my dude. Until then, destroy all weights in sight. But you know this...

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
if they do the spinal dye tap like they do for some it can be a pain in the ass

as most know ive been under the knife 27x

lastest is right foot ---
b4 that reputured bicep

im on about one surgey every 2 years

but im no longer playing Soldier --so ill b alright

lol

had my shoulder done in 07

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
if they do the spinal dye tap like they do for some it can be a pain in the ass

as most know ive been under the knife 27x

lastest is right foot ---
b4 that reputured bicep

im on about one surgey every 2 years

but im no longer playing Soldier --so ill b alright

lol

had my shoulder done in 07

What did you have done to your shoulder and how was recovery? fast/slow and are you %100 again?

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Surgery confirmed for the 22nd. I put it off about a month ago and was hoping to do the same again but pain has gotten and stayed worse. Meet planned for April so I hope this will leave enough time to recover and peak!

M

mustang_00

Jan 4, 2013
i've only done 1 mri and it was open, no dye! kinda freaked me out even though the sides were open. i was referred to do another one. this time i was told it would be closed (so the tube) but, no mention if dye would be used..

FAWK! i'm anti doctor. so, now i'm kinda scared. i heard from friends and family that it just feels hot in your veins!? they recommended not driving though.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
What are you getting done? I just had my back cut last month, next month I am having my shoulder done.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Had the surgery 2 days ago. Pretty damn sore but it was a success. Tear in labrum was trimmed not stitched and alot was cleaned out. Dr amazed at the amount of arthritis I have, said shoulder will need to be replaced. Finally got some sleep last night too

Haymaker

Haymaker

Oct 21, 2015
They make many MRI machines with the sides open. So, not an issue of being crammed into a tube. Like the old machines. My last one was about 2.5 years ago. Right shoulder. I got this long report. They made it sound like I have been doing strong man comps all my life. My range of motion sucks. I agreed to let doc go in a scope. 1hour 45 minutes later Doc comes out to tell the wife all he could find to do was clean out arthrits. No fixing of anything. If anything more damages was done because of all of his tooling around in there. I still have very little internal ROM. Can't to a lat spread on the right side. I can;t engage the lat while rotating the shoulder to pull late out. Im so frustrated. I work on it every day and dont seem to be gaining anything.

So, I dont know what your issue are. Think long and hard before they go into surgery. I had a good referral to the guy I used.
All the best.
G
I'm always afraid of something like that. My left shoulder has something wrong, it's always a struggle in the gym but I get by. Everyone tells me to see a Doc but I feel like they're just gonna give me shit for weight training and recommend some surgery that's gonna have some ridiculous recovery time and my shoulder would just always hurt from the surgery instead of what was wrong with it in the beginning.

Had the surgery 2 days ago. Pretty damn sore but it was a success. Tear in labrum was trimmed not stitched and alot was cleaned out. Dr amazed at the amount of arthritis I have, said shoulder will need to be replaced. Finally got some sleep last night too
Glad to hear it went well!

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Yes, went very well. I couldn't even get the question out before Dr said 2wks, you will be able to train/pt in 2 wks. He was rite :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic