Threads
Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Shoulder MRI

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I have one scheduled for the 9th. When I called to setup appt they went through usual health questions with me then I formed me I will be needing a ride home. She said the dye and injection will be painful. Will it really hurt to the point I couldnt drive? Anyone with experience pls chime in

Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
Wow!
I had MRI's on my right shoulder done before (2009) I didn't have any dye put in...

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I did have the dye injection done.
It wasnt bad and I think I drove myself both too and from.
I dont recall any pain so it couldnt have been much.
I can't take vicodin so I did not take anything but advil/motrim.

It was kind of cool.
They had the screen so I could see it.
They basically run an Xray while they inject it so they can see where they put the needle.
I could watch the needle and what they did.

I hate the mri.
When you lay there and they start to send you in the tube.
Your shoulders hit the walls and I spend all my brain power to not freak out.
Its like you are in a tube but when you see the machine you are not very far in it.
When it gets started I am good. Its just that first initial feeling that i must fight.
had several MRIs.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
I've had a few for my back. Panic is an issue for me in there, plenty of vicodins first! I'm hoping it's not too bad

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Have had plenty of mri's but never had one with dye.

What is the reason for having this done?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
You can have a reaction to the contrast but you have 2 arms to drive with, lol

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
They make many MRI machines with the sides open. So, not an issue of being crammed into a tube. Like the old machines. My last one was about 2.5 years ago. Right shoulder. I got this long report. They made it sound like I have been doing strong man comps all my life. My range of motion sucks. I agreed to let doc go in a scope. 1hour 45 minutes later Doc comes out to tell the wife all he could find to do was clean out arthrits. No fixing of anything. If anything more damages was done because of all of his tooling around in there. I still have very little internal ROM. Can't to a lat spread on the right side. I can;t engage the lat while rotating the shoulder to pull late out. Im so frustrated. I work on it every day and dont seem to be gaining anything.

So, I dont know what your issue are. Think long and hard before they go into surgery. I had a good referral to the guy I used.
All the best.
G

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
They make many MRI machines with the sides open. So, not an issue of being crammed into a tube. Like the old machines. My last one was about 2.5 years ago. Right shoulder. I got this long report. They made it sound like I have been doing strong man comps all my life. My range of motion sucks. I agreed to let doc go in a scope. 1hour 45 minutes later Doc comes out to tell the wife all he could find to do was clean out arthrits. No fixing of anything. If anything more damages was done because of all of his tooling around in there. I still have very little internal ROM. Can't to a lat spread on the right side. I can;t engage the lat while rotating the shoulder to pull late out. Im so frustrated. I work on it every day and dont seem to be gaining anything.

So, I dont know what your issue are. Think long and hard before they go into surgery. I had a good referral to the guy I used.
All the best.
G

I appreciate the info and concern. I have a bursa other labrum that needs to be removed and some bone filing. He said the bone filing condition is common with weight lifters. He is a top rated ortho here aND I trust him. End of Aug is surgery date, let's hope it goes well!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic