Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Shoulder Bursitis

Mike Singletary

Mike Singletary

Sep 8, 2010
I still got pain and can´t do shoulder presses. Has anyone a routine without hurting the shoulder? hard question I know..but I have to do something! It´s driving me nuts! It´s getting on my nerves. I have thought about a routine very Basic without direct shoulder training, any sugestions?

guss

guss

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2010
My rotator cuff injury which plagued me for a year is getting better, and I'm lifting heavier than ever, thanks to 2 great stretches. One is the broomstick over the head with straight arms stretch, and the other is where you stand back against a wall, elbows an wrists always touching the wall in a FDB type position; lift the arms up as high as possible, then back down to full stretch and repeat. I now do this between sets and am comfortably repping over 80 lb. dumbells in the seated strict overhead press. I couldn't have dreamt of doing that 3 months ago. Good luck

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
My rotator cuff injury which plagued me for a year is getting better, and I'm lifting heavier than ever, thanks to 2 great stretches. One is the broomstick over the head with straight arms stretch, and the other is where you stand back against a wall, elbows an wrists always touching the wall in a FDB type position; lift the arms up as high as possible, then back down to full stretch and repeat. I now do this between sets and am comfortably repping over 80 lb. dumbells in the seated strict overhead press. I couldn't have dreamt of doing that 3 months ago. Good luck

Rotator injuries are one of the worst...and I had injured my left one 2 months ago. Lucked out though as the doc found I just strained it severely, but no tear. I do the broomstick stretch as one of the exercises and also I do rotations and shrugs

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
Have you had a cortisone shot in the bursitial sac? If you haven't get it then do LIGHT weight for about 3 weeks, then ease into heavier. Thats the only way to really fix it. If you had the shot see an orthopedic, I have to go see one too.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
it's hard to say what will work, I agree with Hannibal see an Ortho. You can try pull a parts, external/internal rotations

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Are you confident in the diagnosis of bursitis? I would do nothing but PT until normal everyday usage does not bother you. Then go light avoiding overhead movements.

Don't make it worse. If something bothers it, don't do it. Rest is best.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Shoulder bursitis sucks, had it about 8 years ago. as GS said rest.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Well this thread was over 2 years ago, so I'm hoping he's well rested now!

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
MS curious how do you KNOW this is "shoulder bursitis"? I ask because a very COMMON (and often correctable) cause of SUBACROMIAL bursitis is Impingement Syndrome.
jim

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Heck I looked a the most recent post and believed it to be an active thread, lol!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic