Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Short term keto

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
Today's keto menu.
1.5 lbs fresh turkey breast (not lunch meat).
2 turkey Italian sausage.
3 eggs.
1/2 cup sharp cheddar.
Hot sauce.
1 cup pork rinds. 2 tablespoon salsa.
Protein 245.
Carbs 13.
Fat 45

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Are you taking a fiber supplement?

klbsa

klbsa

Jan 5, 2011
The protein shake I use is not completely carb free..... I think it has 4 grams per shake. I have 2-3 of them a day, is that enough carbs to ruin a keto diet? If not, what is the thresh hold of carbs before you lose ketosis?

klbsa

klbsa

Jan 5, 2011
Dan Duchaine wrote a book called Bodyopus, which was essentially a keto diet during the week and carb loading on the weekends. You would schedule your most intense training on the weekends, Monday and Tuesday, while you still had glycogen stores. I tried it, but I didn't like going in and out of ketosis every week. I did lose fat, while not sacrificing muscle. On the contrary, I did a keto diet for 6 months straight with a cheat scheduled every 45 days and lost a ton of fat, but I lost a lot of muscle as well. Worst of all, it really jacked up my insulin sensitivity. If I was to do it again, I would go the Bodyopus route.
How much fat did you lose and in how much time while using the Dan Duchaine method?

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
The protein shake I use is not completely carb free..... I think it has 4 grams per shake. I have 2-3 of them a day, is that enough carbs to ruin a keto diet? If not, what is the thresh hold of carbs before you lose ketosis?
Under 20grams will keep almost anyone in keto. More importantly is the spacing of them throughout the day. I will not consume more than 8 grams at any 1 setting and have never accidentally lost ketosis. Hopefully that helps

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
How much fat did you lose and in how much time while using the Dan Duchaine method?
I averaged about a pound of fat a week over eight weeks, which doesn't sound like a lot, but it was actual fat loss and I was around 12% BF at the time.

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
I averaged about a pound of fat a week over eight weeks, which doesn't sound like a lot, but it was actual fat loss and I was around 12% BF at the time.
8 pounds of pure fat while maintaining your muscle integrity is a transformation in my eyes. Great results. Some people think keto is rugged, but to be honest it doesn't take any more discipline than any other cycle, bulking or cutting. I'd rather keto than try to take in 4000-4500 calories any day like so many do during a bulk.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
8 pounds of pure fat while maintaining your muscle integrity is a transformation in my eyes. Great results. Some people think keto is rugged, but to be honest it doesn't take any more discipline than any other cycle, bulking or cutting. I'd rather keto than try to take in 4000-4500 calories any day like so many do during a bulk.
Or you could be like me right now and taking in 4000 calories and day and still cutting... SOB. It is pissing me off. I was 220 lbs 1 February and eating 3000 calories a day. Weighed in at 216 lbs on 1 March, so I increased the calories to 3500. Weighed in at 210 lbs on 15 March, so I increased my calories to 4000. Weighed in at 208 lbs yesterday. I know, I know, most people would be happy about it, but I am not. This is supposed to be bulking season and I look like I should be stepping on stage in a couple weeks except I am looking super flat.

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
Or you could be like me right now and taking in 4000 calories and day and still cutting... SOB. It is pissing me off. I was 220 lbs 1 February and eating 3000 calories a day. Weighed in at 216 lbs on 1 March, so I increased the calories to 3500. Weighed in at 210 lbs on 15 March, so I increased my calories to 4000. Weighed in at 208 lbs yesterday. I know, I know, most people would be happy about it, but I am not. This is supposed to be bulking season and I look like I should be stepping on stage in a couple weeks except I am looking super flat.
That is crazy. I saw where you thought it might be a supplement. You should be putting on 1-2 lbs a week even with a healthy metabolism. My 2nd cycle was test n deca. Was advised to take 4500/day. I gained 42 lbs in 12 weeks. I was miserable. Lol. The human body and it's differences from individual to individual is mind-blowing at times. Question, Are you always hungry?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
That is crazy. I saw where you thought it might be a supplement. You should be putting on 1-2 lbs a week even with a healthy metabolism. My 2nd cycle was test n deca. Was advised to take 4500/day. I gained 42 lbs in 12 weeks. I was miserable. Lol. The human body and it's differences from individual to individual is mind-blowing at times. Question, Are you always hungry?
It is freaking crazy and to answer your question, I am only hungry after training. The rest of the day I am force feeding.

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
You don't have to wonder if you went into ketosis. Already down 8lbs in water weight

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic