Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Shooting to get in shape for summer. (again!)

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
those delts are popping bro!!! do you even lift??? lmao lol

cals in cals out bro --- what i preach--- little chic im training now is on keto and very strick but doesnt get it as of last night

2000 cals of nothing but fat n pro are not gonna help even in keto

drop them !!! geez hard heads

now 400-600 dnp and hey pizza pizza pizza all day lol

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
don't listen to LK or LG …..they just want to see naked guys!!! I think Dragon doesn't do it anymore for them

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I wanted to add. I know you see lots of advice and many thoughts on AAS use. I have come to follow the advice I was given when I first joined here. A conservative steady approach. At my age, I think it makes sense for me.

The majority of this slow cut was only done with 125mg/week trt. Not really by choice, but I had a physical scheduled and I could not risk screwing up my blood work since my doc is the one that scripts my TRT. Again, slow and steady, I have had no issues holding on. I just had my physical and I am going to bring my test over 200 for the first time in probably 3 years. A few weeks back I started TC 250 E4d. This works out to about 440/week. I also think I will bring in some Tren E @ 200 e5d to see this through. While I have held on well to mass up to this point, I recognize that I am getting down to the nitty gritty (literally). I am hoping this helps hang on some.

I had run Tren e @200 e5d before with good results. Really no sides. A few sweats and some heart burn towards the end. I rolled the dice about 6 months back and went in for my 6 month interm blood work that my doc takes to monitor my trt (while on TE200 E5d). I read as long as he does not test for Estrogen, the Tren will not show. I was on 125 mg test and all it showed was my test levels were perfect, and liver was great along with all my other kidney function indicators. Good to know you can sneak that in!

Looking great man!

Thanks man!

Looking good brother, I KNOW what you see in the mirror though as I do the same, everyone tells you how awesome you look yet you only focus on the "last little bit" or whatever flaw you perceive.
Keep pecking away you will be closer to your goal everyday.
I once had a pic taken with a group of friends in the bow of my boat and MAN I actually liked what I saw...haha rare indeed.
Keep it up I bet we all would agree you look DAMN good right now.;)
Cheers

Very true. It is so funny the 'sliding scale' of our expectations for ourselves. When I first was coming back to the gym 10 years ago, I just was hoping I could recaputre just a small amount of what I had in my 20's. Now....I blow my 20 y.o. self away! Would have never thought it was possible.

-I have learned a few things. Many of the things I thought were the worst parts of body really are not that bad and after leaning out, they look pretty damn good.
-I had waaaaay waaaaay more body fat covering up every part of me than I thought. Even when I first got 'abs' back, that was nothing. The gradual thinning and hardening sheds so much more and the more you shed, the more you become aware of what is really left. My first were so unrealistic about the weight I really had to lose.
-I choose to slowly drop the weight over several years of cutting for 3-4 months and never wanting to cut too hard to cost me too much muscle. In the process I maintained pretty much everything without relying on super-physiological doses of anabolics to get hang on during excessive deficits. (the slow and steady method)
-This taught me I am never on a "diet"....just a new lifestyle. It is MUCH easier this way and I have zero trouble picking where I want to be now and actually staying there.

The coolest part, is I can really say I am the happiest I have ever been with my overall 'look'. I have always been hyper-critical, (isnt that why we do what we do?),but it feels good to finally look like the amount of effort and years of time I have put in. When I used to carry more BF, I used to get questions like "did you used to play ball". Now the questions are,...."hey man, are you prepping for a show?" Feels good. Better late than never I guess?

damn man ..I like it thats look I want

Thanks dude. Tons of good brother vets here gave me good advice over the years since joining. At 46 now, my goals are much more long term. I would have never thought this was possible for me, but it really had not been that hard. Just took a long and steady approach.

I’m impressed. I think you’re there. Hats off to you man. I’m considering shaving my chest and back now.

Hell I have been doing that for many years. The curse of being italian! I use a 'man groomer' so I can shave my back without my wifes help. It works great!

those delts are popping bro!!! do you even lift??? lmao lol

cals in cals out bro --- what i preach--- little chic im training now is on keto and very strick but doesnt get it as of last night

2000 cals of nothing but fat n pro are not gonna help even in keto

drop them !!! geez hard heads

now 400-600 dnp and hey pizza pizza pizza all day lol

Yep. Cals in cals out. People think Keto is magic. You can gain weight on keto too! Same rules apply. But for an unstructured diet, keto is hard to screw up since for most people it does a good job of making them feel they ate enough.

maybe in 15 years I'll look like that :cool:

Hell man, you are looking great already!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea, you have a ways to go man until you get back into shape, it may be too late at this point....<rolleyes> :D Looking good man!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Still going..... It has been a little tougher, but not too bad. I am on the last push to really get to where I have never had the discipline to get to before. Using IF as my dieting has made all the difference.

Skinfolds are down to silly low in most spots. Now have veins across all my abs. My midsection is in that "grainy" stage where your fat cells are shrinking and in the right light it almost looks like celluite. You can see small bumps...etc.

I took this 'swelfie' tonight in the gym. At the lower bodyfat, delts really start popping out. I am not going to be able to get quite to where I wanted before I have to go away for vacation in a few weeks. But I am not in a bad place for sure.

If I had done any cardio, I probably could have sped up the process some, but this whole thing has been about getting in this kind of shape (and staying there) without having to go to any extremes. Still eating ice cream, pasta, pizza, all in moderation. Still drink beers now and again (moderation again). This is all about the long term and letting a simple deficit do it's work. Nothing magical....no 'clean' or 'dirty' food....timing does not matter. Just a simple caloric equation allowing fat to come off showing what I have worked to build since coming back a decade ago. The key for me is to do it slowly. My way of trying to keep what I can.

IhNHX6X.jpg

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Looking good dude!

Haha if I was that lean, I’d be like, perfect for summer!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Snapped this pic this morning. Light washed me out a bit, but it shows the definition on my flank that has come in. I am going though that awkward stage where you get when the last bits of fat come off. Skin has a granular look to it. Another week and I should pull in nice and tight. I have never manipulated water, but I think I would look pretty decent if I shed some.

I am just going to keep on going in the direction I have been. Not sure when I am going to stop, but I will have no choice in a couple weeks since we are going on vacation. At that point, I will decide if I just stay put and fill out a little with upping carbs (I could add 8-10lbs pretty easy just upping carbs). Or make one last push to really burn off the last small vestiges of fat stores.

My lower back is starting to get that cool ripple effect right before the "Christmas tree" comes in. This is all new stuff for me.

HH53nbX.jpg

F

Frank Rizzo

May 19, 2019
Dont sell yourself short. Once you get in really good shape, keep going. Really really good shape wont be easy, but you can do it.

D

dan gable

VIP Member
Dec 27, 2017
Looking great! Keep up the good work!

Would you mind sharing your workout routines? You said you don't do cardio, what kind of a pace do you keep when you train?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic