Latest Member
pbtom

Shogun - Jones

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Who do you like? I really like Shogun's style, either way, should be a great fight (or I hope anyway)

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
I'm not a fan of either but bones is a bad MF'er.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Why don't you like either guy Reg? They are both fairly humble, extremely dedicated and disciplined, highly skilled, refreshingly professional, world-class fighters. I understand why people hate Anderson Silva, I do too. And I also know why people hate Brock Lesnar, because I do too. But Shogun and Jones are guys I have trouble understanding dislike for.

LK, I was talking with some guys in the gym (mma, not Gold's) and we all agree that wrestling and athleticism go to Jones, but BJJ and striking go to Shogun. The way they match up make it a very intriguing fight, because even if Jones takes him down, will he be able to do anything with it? And if Shogun can stuff the takedown attempts, will he be fast enough, and more importantly, close enough, to land any big punches? I am excited about this fight because I expect it to be exciting, not a 5 round dancing fiasco like Silva vs. Maia (which was Silva's shit-talking, ring-running, cage-circling, pussy-ass fault, not Maia's).

Prediction : Someone will win by TKO stoppage, and I'll take Jones by ground-n-pound, but it could just as easily be a TKO standing up by Shogun. 24 hours and counting.......

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Sad it's not that I don't like either it's that I don't follow either of them. I do like the spider though but hate Brock they should kick his dumb ass out of the mma world all he does is lay on top of people. Not really skills when u do that plus his mouth is way to big.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Brock is a one-trick pony, and after 4 fights had no right to get a title shot. Now he's going to be a coach on the next TUF? Ridiculous. Absolutely retarded.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Maybe he would be ok if he went back to the fake shit and left the real fighting up to the real athletes !

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
I'm going with Shogun. He's very underrated for all that he's accomplished and all of his technical abilities. A healthy Shogun can touch and destroy any man in front of him, point blank. Randleman was supposed to use his wrestling to outclass shogun as well, and Shogun just went home with his leg.

And Brock doesn't only lay on opponents. He happens to have a very well developed game from the top half guard.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
I'm going with Shogun. He's very underrated for all that he's accomplished and all of his technical abilities. A healthy Shogun can touch and destroy any man in front of him, point blank. Randleman was supposed to use his wrestling to outclass shogun as well, and Shogun just went home with his leg.

And Brock doesn't only lay on opponents. He happens to have a very well developed game from the top half guard.

Must like Brock! Idk what fights u have watched of his but everyone I see he lays on top and punchs line a tuff queer! If there is such a thing.

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
Sure I like him, he has good technical wrestling abilities. And putting Frank Mir in a quarter nelson and nullifying all his attempts to escape is not just laying down, controlling someone with the experience of Heath Herring is not just laying down, even his submission of Carwin was technically great in every measure.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Carwin fight let's admit it it should have been stopped when carwin was beating the shit out of him but Brock caught a lucky break! Let's just agree to disagree not trying to make an enemy out of u. I don't think Brock will be around much longer he is kinda like kimbo slice his flame will burn out real quick.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Go create a Brock thread, lol This is a Shogun - Jones thread :)

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Jones it is then. No need for gay threads. Lol. You really have to look out for them elbows of jones there like sharp stones they will jack u up with a quickness.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic