Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Shingles

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
This is a AARP public service announcement for all you old(er) fuuks.

I just got my second and final Shingles Vaccination. Most of you that are around my age have had the chickenpox so this is a good idea unless you want to take your chances. It's 2 shots spaced about 3-6 months apart. Every insurance is different but most cover it after the age of 50.

Get it! You really don't want to be dealing with this if you don't have too.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
This is a AARP public service announcement for all you old(er) fuuks.

I just got my second and final Shingles Vaccination. Most of you that are around my age have had the chickenpox so this is a good idea unless you want to take your chances. It's 2 shots spaced about 3-6 months apart. Every insurance is different but most cover it after the age of 50.

Get it! You really don't want to be dealing with this if you don't have too.
Shingles sucked! Had it on my back I thought it was a rash. Spread to my ass and ball sack and was a terrible experience. Could have been worse glad it wasn't on my face o_O.

Having had it I wonder if I'm immune?

Good advice though bro!

Reactions: 5.0
kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Shingles sucked! Had it on my back I thought it was a rash. Spread to my ass and ball sack and was a terrible experience. Could have been worse glad it wasn't on my face o_O.

Good advice though bro!

Your glad the shingles weren't on your face or the ball sack ? :p

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012

Good advice though bro!
Mine was my cheek, lip, nose and it sucked

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016

Good advice though bro!
Nope, you can get it again. Good part is you know what you're looking for and will be out a head of it.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
What prompted me to get the shot was when the wife got it. At first it was a line on her side about 2" long. I told her that could be the start of shingles so she went to the Dr. right away. Doc said he never had seen it caught that early. Maybe now she doesn't thinks I'm not such a stupid ass... but then, maybe not.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I never had chicken pox, mumps, measles, any of those childhood diseases. I have a few clients that have shingles flare-ups now and again even though they've had the vaccine but they said prior to getting the vaccine it was unbearable.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I have had it twice . Once at about 40 and again just a few months ago. The last one was on my back to the side and on the stomach. Damn painful, I started taking Valtrex immediately and it went away pretty quickly, But the 1st 3-4 days was damn painful. Not so sure I want the vaccine.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I had the two Shingrix vaccines last year. I saw my former mother-in-law suffer shingles and it scared the hell outta me.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Agreed! I had them at 27 and it was quite painful for awhile

I had shingles in 2002 when I was 28 and had spent a month in Western Europe and it was a painful (and contagious) flight back and when I landed in Phoenix had my brother take me directly to the hospital. It was the longest day and flight.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic