Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Shingles Vaccine?

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
I have contemplated getting it. Despite what people say, I've gotten the Chicken Pox twice! I might get it though. If I can avoid getting shingles, I'll do it.

10 years ago, my ex wife hounded me into getting the flu vaccine and I got the Swine Flu (H1N1).. had a 104 fever for like 10 days and then Pneumonia for 45 days, almost hospitalized.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Loves me some Comedy, in various forms, consider it the anesthesia for Life.

YEARS ago, when he was just doing stand up on late night tv, before he became a "serious FILM director," Woody Allen was coming off a painful divorce. Brought an alleged photo of him +wife on the Carson show, quipped "this was our first house, SHE's the one with the shingles."

but I digress ......

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
About 5-6 yrs ago my doc gave me a script for the shingles vaccine and of coarse I dragged my ass and ended up getting it. If you get a drug (?) with in 24 hrs of getting it (?), its supposed to shut it down. The dr's staff stuck there heads up there ass and sent the script to a pharmacy on the other side of the planet. By the time it would have taken to get that script canceled and re-sent to the correct pharmacy yada yada yada! Fortunately I have a really strong immune system so it wasn't that bad. The worst of it was the after effects of itching in a spot not assessable by muscle bound meat heads. It was in this one spot about 6" below my neck and would wake me up out of a dead sleep. I started to make sure a back scratcher was always within reach. My doc said shingles attacks your nerves and the itch was the effect of a damaged nerve ending that would prob. take up to a year to heal, OH JOY!!! Needless to say, after the year was up I got the shingles shot, all 2 of them. I had zero side effects from the vaccine. However, 2 times since, I have had small outbreaks of shingles. No more than 2-3 bumps that take about a month to heal. Luckily, none have damaged anymore nerve endings.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Shit. Might vary from State to State, but no doctor's script is required for a Shingles shot where I am, nor for Pneumonia, Tetanus, the common annual "Flu," or the 4 Covids. Some of them depend on your age group and/or the recommended spacing between individual shots ... but no script. The Walgreens and CVS's where I am aggressively promote these vax, and one of their Pharmacists will do it asap or by appointment ... no doc or script needed.

Worth checking into someone's State regs if interested.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic