Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

Shin guards for deadlifting?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I don't mind the occasional bloody shin but the blood came through my light gray sweat pants and it concerned some of the gym members. So what should I be looking for? Any home made solutions? I was thinking about cutting some tube socks. I thought about the pair of guards I used to use in karate but they are thick. I don't like the idea of them pushing the bar further away.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I generally don't have any issues with bleeding shins; usually bleeding hands.

But maybe get yourself some tall deadlifting socks.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Man up... don't be a pussy. My shins are always bleeding when I pull and if someone has a problem, fuk'm.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I've seen guys use them without issue. Put them on and pull

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I've been seeing on Youtube a lot of guys are putting their knee sleeves on their shins for this reason.

I kinda like the idea of scarred shins though. Shows the hard work you put in. :cool:

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
To be honest bleeding all over the bar in a gym where you share the bar is unsanitary and disgusting.

A pair of dead lifting socks is fine. Spray the bar down and wipe it off when you are done. I use a wire brush before I use the bar as well to remove inconsiderate people's chunks of leg.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Thread-jacking..... What kind of socks work well for deadlifting being a bigger guy? Not that I'm some giant, but "high socks" don't even come up to mid-shin on me!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Thread-jacking..... What kind of socks work well for deadlifting being a bigger guy? Not that I'm some giant, but "high socks" don't even come up to mid-shin on me!
I bought a pair of metal thru elite fts. They fit over my fat man calves and they are thick enough without being grabby.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic