Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

sharp, shooting pains into glutes and hammies

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Get done front squatting yesterday, go to the reverse hyper and, on the very first rep when the weight returns to the bottom sharp shooting pains went from the very low back into the glutes and hams. I did a few sets but it was just too much to handle so i called it. Ive obviously got some sort of impingement going on. Anyo e else ever deal with this?

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Not me. But I hope it mends. Take it easy brother.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Just started using the reverse hyper. Haven't felt that yet. Hope it returns to normal quickly for you.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Hydration issues maybe? That's my biggest problem with needle-like issues in my bigger muscles (back/legs)

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Hmmm, i would initially say no however, ive been on a clen run. May not be taking in enough due to that. I will up it and see what happens.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Hmmm, i would initially say no however, ive been on a clen run. May not be taking in enough due to that. I will up it and see what happens.

Taking taurine too right? I mean I doubt it was a cramp doesn't sound like it. Sounds more like you were tapping a nerve.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Taking taurine too right? I mean I doubt it was a cramp doesn't sound like it. Sounds more like you were tapping a nerve.

No on the taurine. It definately wasnt a cramp. It occurred every rep but, only at the bottom. The pain felt similar to a sciatica type pain only, it would cas ade and shoot then cease once the weight moved from bottom position. I have had a sciatia flare up 3 or 4 times in about 10 years, possibly related. Standing sitting squatting pulling etc, no issues. I think i will try an ice bath this weekend and see what comes of that.

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
Hey Schultz,
Ever had that pain again?
If it's a nerve/sciatica type pain, I might know a bit about it.
I had decompression surgery for pinched nerves a few years back.

T

tanu

Oct 16, 2015
Hey Schultz,
Ever had that pain again?
If it's a nerve/sciatica type pain, I might know a bit about it.
I had decompression surgery for pinched nerves a few years back.

If it is the above which is a fair chance lay on your back support one leg at a time behind the knee and stretch your foot and ankle out then back multiple times, switch legs and do the same, you'll feel the stretch in your calves. Next is on your back knees bent and pull one knee to your chest at a time, do multiple sets of both sides then same starting position roll your legs to one side then the other trying to touch the ground without twisting or lifting your shoulders...

The sciatic nerve runs down either leg in the middle and can become tight, you'll be stretching it out again this way and the pain should be gone within a few days if you do this 2-3 times a day for 20mins... it's the fastest & safest way to stretch the nerves. If this does nothing it's not sciatica & obviously if it's too painful to attempt even the first of these you have a medical issue & I'd seek prof advice.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
schultz1, you and your buddy Bull playing so nice in the first two posts. You thanked him for his inspiration....don't try "unthanking" him now, we all know.

so cute!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic