Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Serum testing

big bx

big bx

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2011
Can you do a serum gh test and a IGF-1 test at the same time?

I've been off gh for 8 weeks, wanted to check my igf levels.

But, I also want to shoot 10iu of grey tops or omnitrope to get a serum result. Will shooting the 10iu of gh mess my igf levels any? I'm thinking not.

Would prefer to get both tests while they are drawing instead of on separate days.

R

Raptor25

Jun 4, 2014
Wtf is serum gh and IGF-1? Are these test related to natural bodybuilding or steroid use?

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Do you think your IGF-1 levels will still be that elevated after 8 weeks of no use?

big bx

big bx

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2011
Do you think your IGF-1 levels will still be that elevated after 8 weeks of no use?

I was wondering, I had an igf test on 2iu of seros. Was 263.

So, I wanted to see where I'm at. If they are still elevated that would be great.

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Big, I think the answer is shooting the 10iu the day of a combo test of serum and igf will have no effect on igf. If you have been off all gh for over 8 weeks then I would think your igf has gone back to normal. So, in order to elevate IGF you do need IMO several weeks of gh usage in your cycle to elevate IGF.

Go for it I see no need for two trips.

I

IFIWAS

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2011
I've done it that way before to test quality and get a baseline igf before starting. You will be fine.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Big, I think the answer is shooting the 10iu the day of a combo test of serum and igf will have no effect on igf. If you have been off all gh for over 8 weeks then I would think your igf has gone back to normal. So, in order to elevate IGF you do need IMO several weeks of gh usage in your cycle to elevate IGF.

Go for it I see no need for two trips.

That's what I am thinking. After 8 weeks of no GH use, IGF levels would be returning to normal if not back to normal/basline. We usually recommend being on GH for about 12 weeks before getting IGF levels tested, don't we?

mands

mands

VIP Member
Jul 24, 2012
That's what I am thinking. After 8 weeks of no GH use, IGF levels would be returning to normal if not back to normal/basline. We usually recommend being on GH for about 12 weeks before getting IGF levels tested, don't we?
4-6 weeks is plenty. I believe I have read a study that at high dose GH administration igf-1 levels increased at day 4-5 and lower dose GH administration increased gradually.

mands

Last edited:
M

muscle96ss

VIP Member
Mar 9, 2014
Can you do a serum gh test and a IGF-1 test at the same time?

I've been off gh for 8 weeks, wanted to check my igf levels.

But, I also want to shoot 10iu of grey tops or omnitrope to get a serum result. Will shooting the 10iu of gh mess my igf levels any? I'm thinking not.

Would prefer to get both tests while they are drawing instead of on separate days.

Shouldn't be an issue, I have done it a number of times with no issues and know others who have done it as well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic